“Way better than we expected” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Vancouver Metrotown

Hilton Vancouver Metrotown
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Victoria
“Way better than we expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I was pleasantly suprised at how much we enjoyed staying here. After a long trip and some nights in boutique hotels we just needed something clean, affordable, and convenient as a stop over on the last leg of our trip and it ended up being the most enjoyable hotel of our whole trip. There wasn`t anything overly special that made it amazing but the room was very clean, spacious, great windows with morning light and a nice view of the North Shore Mountains, and the beds were very comfy. My expectations usually aren`t very high when it comes to large middle of the pack chain hotels but I would stay there again if I found myself in the area (though downtown is just soo much more fun!).

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
egut, Director of Sales at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear KandJ123,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and that we were able to surpass your expectations! We hope you will stay with us again the next time you’re in town.

Evelyn Gut

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I reserved an Executive Suite on the 16th floor, and when I arrived, the check in was fairly quick although it seems some young women had access card issues because my access card was able to work the elevator. In my suite, it was clean, but a bit smaller than I expected, and I could unfortunately hear everything that the guests in the suite next to me were talking about.

In Vancouver, in the Hampton Inn, I found the suites a lot more quiet. In the Executive Suite, you have complimentary wired Internet (Ethernet) access, though there is wireless access in other areas of the property. I absolutely need Internet access, that is important to me in choosing a hotel to stay in, and I did have Internet access on that day, but the following day, it seems that the DNS servers were not resolving, so although one could connect, one could not browse the Internet.

The lounge was somewhat nice, and I received great service from a gentleman named Byron, and the food I ordered (free range chicken breast, clam chowder, Spanish coffees) were outstanding food quality. My only regret was I decided not to have dessert, but that was because I was comfortable.

The great thing about this Hilton is you can order room service, and they have a fantastic breakfast that you can get sent up to your room. I have to admit, I doubled up on it, but it tasted great, and it is always better to have too much than not enough. The other thing I like about this Hilton is that it is pet friendly, and I will be traveling with my pets from time to time. I have a senior, spayed cat who is 17 years old, acts like she is 3 years old, but she even as a cat, has separation anxiety when I leave. Her "sister", a very young fawn Great Dane puppy and those who own Danes understand what it means to be owned by a Great Dane.

I like the clean suites, the washroom was great, and the door shuts automatically. The tub is a good shape and size and one can shower without being too confined. The only thing I am not really big on was the coffee makers. I am a bit of a power-drinker when it comes to coffee and I enjoy top-quality coffee, so the 2-cup maker in the room with some rather bland, generic coffee bags just... failed.

The Internet access, great if it works; pet friendly is just what I need. I love that you can order breakfast into your room, that is wonderful. A place like this would do well in downtown Vancouver as well

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Thor_Odinsson
Dear Thor_Odinsson,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Vancouver Metrotown during your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let Byron know that he helped contribute to your enjoyment. I apologize for the inconvenience of the internet not working correctly one of the days during your stay, this is not typical at the hotel and we’re working with the service provider to ensure this does not happen again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you and your pets the next time you’re in town!

Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

I truly loved my stay at this friendly & clean Hilton hotel because of its central location in Burnaby, (but still 15 min from downtown Vancouver by sky train), surrounded by a big mall and many restaurants. The first impression of the lobby was excellent and rooms, including mattress and bathroom, were what you expect of a premium business hotel. I enjoyed the morning sunrise from the heated outdoor pool. Breakfast has plenty of healthy food choices. Staff was really friendly and helpful when asked for directions to local restaurants, etc.
Only negative was the lack of apparent Wifi in this hotel. In today’s connected world, that's hard to understand. Would come back to this hotel in case I need to be in Burnaby, BC again for business.

Room Tip: If you want to enjoy a view of the mountains, take a room at the back of the hotel.
Dear Belvera,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for the gracious review. I’m delighted to hear that the hotel amenities and location were to your liking and that you were able to experience our warm Hilton hospitality. I am also glad you were able to enjoy a meal at our restaurant, Reflect Social Dining + Lounge. We hope to see you return again soon.

Vancouver, British Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Burnaby while attending a wedding. We got a suite which was roomy and comfortable. The Wedding was at the fight fighters hall which was very close. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, rooms were nice and clean, nice warm outdoor pool. All in all we were pleased with our stay.

Stayed March 2012
Dear jono5565,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that our staff took such good care of you and that you were able to enjoy our hotel amenities. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Lehi, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I travel quite a bit in Canada on business. Between company budgets and personal preference, I usually do quite a bit of research before choosing a location to stay in. Thank you to all the other Trip Advisor members for your help! With this Hilton, it was an absolute joy to be in such a clean, well-maintained hotel after my previous week in the competitor across the street. Rooms were bright, fresh, and clean! Everyone from the front desk to the valet gentlemen to the In-Room dining crew were pleasant, helpful, and customer-minded. When I did have an issue with some noise problems, they were all empathetic of my experience and were willing to do anything for me. When choosing to utilize the In-Room dining feature, request Jose to be you server. He pays attention to the details when delivering your meal and is very genuine! Great stay! Whenever I am in Vancouver again, I will definitely stay at the Hilton in Metrotown! The theater across the street is a great place to see a show as well!! :)

Dear Matt M,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and the gracious review. I am thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay and that you were treated with superior customer service by all of our team members. I will share your kind comments with Jose and let him know that you appreciated his attention to detail. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Trail, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I had to stay here twice in January 2012. Rooms were nice and clean and quiet. They have hard wired internet and a desk to set your laptop on. The bathrooms are larger than some I've been in. The staff are very friendly. Parking is covered and whenever I've taken my F-250 extended cab long box 4X4 down there, they've given me a parking spot that is easy to get in and out of. Lots of eating places within easy walking distance. Close to Skytrain as well.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
egut, Director of Sales at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear AlanFCastlegar,

Thank you so much for your kind comments we are pleased that you found everything to your liking and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Warmest regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

It's my fault. I went on the Hilton website and typed in "Vancouver" as the city. The name of the hotel is listed as "Hilton Vancouver Metrotown". It does say, "Burnaby" after the name of the hotel, but I assumed that this was a neighborhood.

This hotel is 20-30 minutes away from downtown Vancouver. For some reason, Hilton doesn't have a property in Vancouver...

Anyway, I wanted to give two stars, but the truth of the matter is that this was a nice little hotel. Nothing exceptional. The rooms were average without a mini bar in the room. The maid service was actually pretty good. Most hotels clean around your things and this one actually put things away.

The restaurant on the property is good, albeit pricey.

I wouldn't stay here again because of the location, but it's a nice little hotel in a suburb of Vancouver.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ferinha
egut, Director of Sales at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear Ferinha,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and the review. I apologize that you were unhappy with the location of the property; however, I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and our amenities. Thanks again for your feedback.

Evelyn Gut
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
L'Hermitage Hotel
L'Hermitage Hotel
#1 of 89 in Vancouver
5.0 of 5 bubbles 3,511 reviews

Been to Hilton Vancouver Metrotown? Share your experiences!