“Still amazing!”

Hilton Vancouver Metrotown
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I just love staying here! Best beds! And the best front desk service! We arrived early for meetings and were allowed early check in and also a later check out! They really accommodate me and I like that the front desk people always are smiling! It makes a big difference!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My partner and I were making a pre-Christmas visit to Vancouver so I chose this hotel because it was close to the people we were visiting, I wanted to treat my mate to an above-average (I thought) hotel, and it was close to a SkyTrain station.

When I booked the room for 8 nights, I was under the impression that breakfast was included. However, when we got there... no breakfast. I don't usually make mistakes like that, so my theory is that as soon as I changed my booking to Seniors' rate, without notice breakfast disappeared. So is that a good deal?... I don't think so, it's just a case of reduced value.

I was miffed about the breakfast, but we were there and I hate moving. But the deal killer was Internet communications. We were offered complimentary wired Internet which proved close to unusable. We found it difficult to connect and unreliable. I tried in vain to create a WiFi hotspot with it but gave up. After the breakfast affair and now the Internet, my mate phoned around and booked a cheaper hotel with WiFi. So an 8-night stay became a 3-night stay. We travel with two smart phones and two computers, so WiFi isn't a luxury, it's a necessity.

Physically, the hotel is solid but bland.

Room Tip: Beware of what is included. Getting a reduced rate may mean less value, so you're no further ahe...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed here for four nights. It was a quite hotel and very clean. Staff was very helpful...

They offered a shuttle service to and back where I had to report for a workshop...

Situated 5min walk from the Mall and SkyTrain.

1  Thank Alexander G
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Nice place, Nice food, good gym, surrounded by a lot of good restaurants if you want to go out and enjoy a wet walk!! Its close to a mall, so parking is easy and free, just get your sticker from the front desk.

spacious rooms, ok view, calm at night, very nice staff

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel was beautiful and clean. Secure underground parking; comfortable king size bed with too many pillows, lol.
But the piece de resistance was the breakfast buffet. Many many choices and I was asked if I wanted eggs Benedict or omelet as well. I am a sucker for the bennie. My server was right on the ball with the coffee top up. Ask for Robert.
Do yourself a favour and forget about Expedia and book the bed and breakfast directly.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Tombassinger
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed here after booking through hotwire.com. We got a good rate on a good room in a good location. Only complaints were that parking costs extra and this wasn't explained to us when we booked, or when we checked in. We got a bill under our door the morning we left. Also, you have to pay for wireless internet, which I thought was kind of cheap. I've stayed in many hotels less vaunted than this chain and have always had complimentary e-mail access.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here. The cost was great for the quality received. Rooms were clean and comfortable, the concierge was extremely knowledgeable and helpful, the entire staff was friendly and available every time I needed something, the executive lounge had wonderful drinks and desserts, I had a refrigerator in my room which is usually a must, the cleaning staff was also excellent. Room service food was okay - my scrambled eggs in particular were nothing to write home about but edible. However, everything else was great! The location was also quite central in Burnaby and the metro (sky train) was just a few minutes walk away which allowed me to get downtown quite cheaply and conveniently. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again when I come to visit!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
Executive Hotel Le Soleil
#10 of 92 in Vancouver
Bridgeport
River Rock Casino Resort

Been to Hilton Vancouver Metrotown? Share your experiences!