“Excellent place to stay and see Vancouver!”

Hilton Vancouver Metrotown
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Waterloo, Ia
“Excellent place to stay and see Vancouver!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a 3 day visit to Vancouver and this was the perfect hotel. Metrotown mall is right across the street and there are many good restaurants within walking distance. The rooms were suites and very nice. The hotel staff was very kind and helped us get excellent internet access. We took a couple of day trips with a tour company and they picked us up at our hotel. Very convenient!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Florianopolis, SC
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Nice hotel, in Burnaby. I got a suite and the room is great and the service is excelent.
The main drawback is the internet connection, that you pay for it and get less than a dial in connection. People at the hotel are very kind and the room is very spacious and clean.
They should consider in improving the very very slow connection (56 kbits/sec )

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My iPad and iPad keyboard was stolen from my #Hilton hotel room in Metrotown, Vancouver. When I reported the incident at the front desk, I was practically accused of lying. The assistant manager said “Things get ‘lost’ all the time” She actually gestured air quotation marks! “There is no real proof that the iPad was ever in the room” and that they would “investigate the log” of people who entered my room and give them a call if they weren’t around. I received an email from the staff no more than 4 hours after my visit to the front desk with a summary of who had entered my room. It disappoints me to find that it only took 4 hours to “investigate” staff over the phone, and hopefully review security footage, and draft up an inaccurate email reporting—only two people entered your room and “Both of them don’t remember seeing anything sitting on your desk.” There were three people who entered my room during my visit, not two. And of course they would not admit to anything.

Being a #HHonors member, I was disappointed in this particular #HiltonHotel and how my situation was handled. Why would I check into another one of your hotels when I do not feel secure in my own room? Why would I trust that you provide excellent service to your guests when you don’t take responsibility over your staff, or don’t hold them accountable for any lost items from a guest’s room?

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank KarmicKristina
whargreaves, Manager at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear KarmicKristina,

We apologize that you had a negative experience during your recent stay. We value your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors Member and we certainly take this issue very seriously. Our team will continue to be in touch with you as we further our investigation. Please do not hesitate to contact our Front Office Manager, Mary Ann Dupet at MaryAnn.Dupet@hilton.com to discuss this issue in more detail to ensure that you are taken care of.

Regards,
The Hilton Vancouver Metrotown
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This hotel is right in Vancouver, a block away from the train, connected to a mall, PLUS I didn't have to pay to park here. For those of you who have stayed in downtown hotels, you know that having the above combination is near impossible.

The suite I stayed in (was upgraded due to my Hilton Honors status) was amazing! The lounge was well appointed and quiet.. but the latter is probably due to the fact that I got there around 8am, which is well after the other business travelers have left the hotel for their appointments.

The elevator timing was just bad, but that was because one of the three elevators was under construction. And parking can be a bit confusing as they don't have an entire level dedicated to Hilton parking, it seems that there are sections of each floor in a MASSIVE underground parking structure that are set aside for Hilton. So luck be with you if you park in mall or residential parking.

Otherwise, good stay. When I take my family on a vacation to Vancouver, you'd better believe that I'll be staying here!

1 Thank Jacob V
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Stayed there for 2 days. I offers the standard Hilton service, but to be honest for the price of around 190 Dollar I expected more. It is the little things that count when you are travelling for many days. E.g. elevator was always overloaded. Internet is not free, no complimentary water for Hilton gold card members, shower was rinning poorly, no international TV channels, fitness centre just offer 2 threadmills and a few mattresses + weights. Area is ok, close to shopping district and seminar place is ok.
Summarized the hotel is ok, but it is much far away from outperforming. I did expect a little bit more for that price.

2 Thank Rainer S
chicago, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Large, clean, & luxurious room. The bed was heavenly making it easy to fall asleep. The menu offering for dinner in the hotel restaurant was lacking. Free internet service was flawless. The HVAC was quiet and kept the room comfortable

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Craig Z
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This hotel has a great location in Burnaby with easy access to downtown on the Skytrain which is located a few blocks from the hotel. The staff is amazing! Sharina always greets me with a big smile and makes me feel welcomed and at home at the front desk, and Susheel treats me like a valued guest and family member in the restaurant! I love this place and on my business travels it is the hotel I look forward to staying at the most!

1 Thank nfriesen1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
Robson Street
Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver
Willingdon Heights
Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby

Been to Hilton Vancouver Metrotown? Share your experiences!