“A nice hotel in a central area”

Hilton Vancouver Metrotown
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I have stayed at the Hilton Metrotown twice for business and quite enjoyed it.

The front desk agent Benjamin was very friendly and always willing to help. The bell boys were also very friendly.

The rooms are clean, bed is comfortable and bathroom has all the right amenities. I did find the room quite small and was able to see hallway light by my bed which was a bit distracting.

What I did find irritating was the parking situation. There is a cost for parking. but the irritation comes with driving into the parking lot as it is shared with a mall. It's very congested and you need to ensure you are on your A game in order to not scrape a wall. I will stay there again, but will likely take a cab.

Also, a few of my coworkers were charged for internet and parking, even though, under our corporate rate it was to be removed off their bill. Just be mindful and read over your bill before checking out.

Room Tip: See if you can get a bedroom suite upgrade. Regular rooms are quite small. Nice but small.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,524)

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Was treated extremely poorly and can only assume it was because I am American and not Canadian. I had 3 rooms booked under my name, because they were sold out, the hotel randomly decided to cancel two of the rooms which I booked for my clients. They refused to provide any additional rooms and we all had to share. Even after speaking to the Hilton Diamond desk who said they were at fault, and tried to reason with the hotel manager. Nothing was done. It was horrible, especially if you consider I am a Hilton Diamond member. The hotel itself if okay, it's a basic Hilton that hasn't been updated for awhile. It's in a very poor location as well.

7  Thank Scott F
ChrisPerna, Manager at Hilton Vancouver Metrotown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Scott F,

We are so sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. At our property, we always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and your feedback will help us to better deliver this brand promise moving forward. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. If we may be of any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly as it would be my distinct pleasure to assist you in anyway that I possibly can.

Best regards,

Chris Perna
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is my second stay for 10 days at the Hilton Metrotown in Vancouver.The rooms are nice with excellent beds; service is fantastic; people are extremely helpful & friendly; and the location is ideal. I would highly recommend this hotel, and I will be staying there again.

1  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The Hilton Metro Town is our Home away from Home when in Vancouver. ALL employees are outstanding and professional. The Hotel is located conveniently to what ever attraction one would want to visit in Vancouver including amazing shopping at Metro Town. The breakfast buffet is outstanding and very reasonably priced.

1  Thank Don C
Reviewed 18 August 2014

It is a relatively new facility. The room was well appointed and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. We arrived late and left early so we were not able to experience any the amenities. I would stay in this facility again.

2  Thank Joseph W
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Hilton Vancouver Metrotown is at McKay and Kingsway, which is in the heart of Burnaby, with a walking distance to the biggest shopping mall of B.C. - Metrotown, and also just 5 minutes to the bus / sky train station. It is a very convenient and an excellent hotel to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ben L
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

The staff at this hotel will have you waiting for your next trip to Vancouver to stay here again! From Sharina and Sergei at the front desk to Susheel and the staff in the restaurant! I am made to feel at home every time I stay here and I absolutely love this hotel. The beds are super comfy as well!

The location is also very convenient to the sky train and only a 10 minute train ride from downtown.

I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank nfriesen1

Dear nfrisen1,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback based on your most recent experience at the hotel. I will ensure to forward your comments to the team members identified in your review! It is always very good to read that our team members had a hand in making our guests stays a valuable and memorable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future!

Best regards,

Chris Perna
Director of Rooms

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
Downtown
L'Hermitage Hotel
L'Hermitage Hotel
#1 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Hilton Vancouver Metrotown? Share your experiences!