“Perfect for budget”

Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
“Perfect for budget”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 18 days and I can say that the service was really great especially the staff, their always ready to attend to our needs and inquiries,
I can really recommend this place especially for family on holiday... Thanks Executive Suites Hotel

• Stayed May 2014
GMBBY, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us. I am so glad to know that you appreciated our staff and their personalized service. I am glad you found us value for money. I am hopeful of your continued patronization and look forward for your next stay with us.

Bhupinder Gill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed 9 days and this was great value. A nice big bedroom with two double beds and a balcony plus a separate lounge and a fine outdoor pool with jacuzzi. I watched the staff under pressure from a grouchy customer and they were great. Cleaners too. I'm struggling to think of constructive criticisms - deducting refundable $200 deposit from debit card upon arrival was a bit clunky. A swim before 10am would have been nice.
Tip for travellers arriving by Skytrain dragging a suitcase. Arriving, get off at Brentwood Town, nicely downhill to hotel. Leave by Gilmore station, nicely downhill too.
In terms of facilities per dollar, this was one of the best stays we've had anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: Sunny south side best?
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us. I am so glad to know that you appreciated our staff and location. I am sorry that you could not swim before 10am. I wonder why that was so. please call me to let me know.I am hopeful of your continued patronization and look forward for your next stay with us.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Entering the room was a pleasant surprise, you find yourself in a receiving area with a full living room set ( sofa turns out to be a pull-out bed). Certainly did not expect a fully equipped kitchen sans cooking range. I had a king size bed, linens were immaculate, simple, no frills. Add to that, a bathroom with en suite jacuzzi. Highly recommend for long staying guests. Walking distance to the skytrain, restaurants ( Cactus Club, Boston Pizza, sushi places...) Did I mention the pool? Hotel staff seemed to enjoy their responsibilities, consistently polite and ready to help.

After staying two nights, this will be my get away hotel close to home. Secured location, high value for money and straight forward.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us. I am so glad to know that you appreciated our staff, location and their personalized service. I am hopeful of your continued patronization and look forward for your next stay with us.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

visited my family somewhere in november. the hotel was recommended by a friend. will choose this hotel again the next time we visit canada. . staff are all friendly and accommodating. nice place to stay for a first timer in canada. convenient to take trains.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us. I am so glad to know that you appreciated our staff and their personalized service. I am hopeful of your continued patronization and look forward for your next stay with us.

St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is the second time that we have stayed at the executive suites hotel and from the time we checked in until we checked out 5 days later the staff and management were great. We enjoyed the location which is close to everything we wanted. The housekeeping staff were good and very helpful, the front desk very polite and accomodating with our requests and the restaraunt staff could not have been more easy to get along with. We will be back next year. Ed and Julie Gibbs. Edmonbton Alberta.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions. We particularly like the location close to sky train for a quick no hassled trip into Vancouver Centre. Despite the sky train being across the street the rooms at the front are quiet. The hotel staff are always friendly and accommodating. The on site restaurant is good for breakfast (have not eaten other meals there). As well, there are other restaurants and coffee shops within a close walking distance. The rooms are quite spacious with a fridge and micro wave. We found the air conditioning units a bit loud at night. The hotel is older, but is clean. They charge for parking which is upsetting as you pay enough for the room, why should you have to pay for that too?? Over all though we do not hesitate to stay here on our many yearly trips to this area!!

Room Tip: Rooms on a higher floor at the front are quieter. Some have small balconies.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed two nights at this hotel because of a Groupon offer and were surprised at what an excellent value it was. We expected a simple room but it included a small sitting area and a separate bedroom. We were delighted to discover a fridge, sink and microwave. Very useful! The bathroom was just fine. We received breakfast coupons for both mornings and expected just a continental breakfast - but when we went to their restaurant (Tivoli's) - a lovely array of fresh fruit, baked goods including small croissants, pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon were available plus an assortment of juices. But best of all were the charming servers - with special mention to Lourdito and the next day Gordon. In fact, Gordon was so keen to offer friendly service I asked him if he was the manager of the restaurant. We also had dinner and their Indian Butter chicken was tops.
Considering the price of their rooms, plus the convenience of this good restaurant (and there is an outdoor pool) - this is an excellent value.
When one rates any establishment you have to consider what you are paying. Our Groupon was for $96 - which included a full breakfast (buffet style), free parking and solid, clean accommodations. What a bargain!
We will definitely stay here again because the staff are friendly and they have room service all night. (Seems comforting although we did not use it,)
A very good value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us. I am so glad to know that you appreciated our amenities and service. I am glad you like the value our Groupon promotion provided. I am hopeful of your continued patronization and look forward for your next stay with us.

Bhupinder Gill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
Element Vancouver Metrotown
Maywood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown
Atrium Inn Vancouver
#58 of 92 in Vancouver

Been to Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby? Share your experiences!