“Top notch service and excellent facility” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Powell River, British Columbia, Canada
“Top notch service and excellent facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed 4 nights in August with family and once again we couldn't have been more pleased with the condition of the hotel, the room size and cleanliness, the outdoor pool, front desk / lobby and the staff. From the housekeeping supervisor (Connie) who helped us when my daughter's bathing suit fell to the balcony below us, to the front desk staff (Thomas is a familiar face and along with the rest of the team, provides absolute royal treatment to the guests). This was a holiday long weekend and both elevators broke down on the Sunday. By Holiday Monday morning one of them was operational again and later the same day the other one was fixed. This on a Statutory Holiday! We even met the GM who was in the lobby greeting people when we were checking out. Most impressive indeed. We come back here every year, are never disappointed, and always have the best experience here. The management and staff are to be commended for their excellent customer service. It is close to shopping, restaurants, Sky Train and many other amenities. While there are fancier hotels in lower mainland, this one is always well worth our time and money and we will be back!

Room Tip: Every room is a suite which means it has a separate bedroom. During the summer a room overlooking t...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMBBY, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby, responded to this review, 4 December 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us. I am glad you found us satisfactory. We will try to exceed you expectations in your next visit. I am hopeful of your continued patronization and look forward for your next stay with us.

Bhupinder Gill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic. My only complaint if anything was the cleanliness of the pool. Was blue and murky. The hotel is located right across the street from the Gilmore skytrain station so you can park your car, check in, and BAM your on the sky train and downtown within minutes ! The hotel is clean and the front desk staff were fantastic folks and very helpful. This is now my GO TO hotel for short family trips to Vancouver because it is out of the hustle and bustle of downtown, easily accessible and is surrounded by great restaurants.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us. I am glad you found us satisfactory. We will try to exceed you expectations in your next visit.. I am hopeful of your continued patronization and look forward for your next stay with us.

Old Colwyn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a great hotel, and I can't fault it for anything but its age. It badly needs a refurbishment, I had to change my room 3 times because they all smelt of musty old cigarettes. One of the rooms having ash on the windowsill. I eventually got a room that someone had sprayed with cologne before I got up there, I guess it was the best of the worse. The wifi was good, but I can't complain as I've had worse wifi in some of the best hotels I've stayed in.

This hotel has easy access to the skytrain and to stay for business in the area. You can be in gastown in less than 35minutes which takes less than driving that's for sure.

I hope they refurbish because the people there do a great job and it's not their fault.

There are 2 great places to eat close by, with more if you're willing to walk.

Room Tip: Tell them that you would have a problem if the room smells of cigarettes, these guys did everything...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us. I am glad you found us satisfactory. We will try to exceed you expectations in your next visit. we are investing in renovating our rooms right now by putting hardwood flooring. I am sure you will notice improve on your next visit.

Keremeos, British Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Most expensive hotel on our trip. Only hotel with No continental breakfast. $1 charge for a LOCAL phone call, not long distance but local. & no one at the front counter when I went to check out. Sad!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Susan988
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We are very disappointed that the pool and hot tub were not in service. I specifically chose this hotel over others in the area for location and those two amenities - and paid more for them too. It has been three days without a pool and no one thought to tell us about it upon checkin. While I understand mechanical breakdowns do occur, I also expect that we should not have to pay the full hotel room rate for a less than 'full' experience. As I had prepaid for the room through Expedia.ca I don't expect I can be reimbursed. But I do think the staff and management should be prepared to offer some consolation to inconvenienced guests like myself and my family. At the very least, giving us free parking or a few movies would alleviate some of the growing annoyance. When I broached this possibility with the front desk, they said they weren't in the position to offer me anything. Hmmm, first rule of customer service is to empower front line staff to handle complaints with some discretion over compenalsarion for such inconveniences. We have posted this issue to our social networks and have firmly "unrecommended" this hotel to all of our contacts, both business and social. We wouldn't consider staying here again unless management somehow manage to turn this situation around.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank RCThomas
GMBBY, General Manager at Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us. I apologize for our pool services not being available to you. Please be assured that our Front Desk Staff has the freedom to take decision but I am so sorry that they didn't take initiative in you case. I wish you had asked for management before checking out. I hope you were satisfied with my resolution to your disappoint. I am hopeful of your continued patronization and look forward for your next stay with us.

Nanaimo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We chose this hotel because it is close to the Skytrain and so gave easy access for us coming from Vancouver Island by public transit. It is a distance from downtown Vancouver.
The room was good. There was everything that one would expect. This hotel offered only one surprise and that was its restaurant. It was expensive, yet offered good value for money. The food and wine were lovely and the waiter was extremely good and attentive. Made for a pleasant evening for us.
It is a distance from downtown Vancouver and one must walk a couple of short blocks to the Skytrain which gets you to downtown Vancouver in a matter of about 20 minutes. It is close to restaurants, and a mall with a grocery store in the basement. Its a very long way to the airport but with transferring from the Millenium line to the rapid transfer train that goes to the airport, it is easy to do.
Personally, although this is a very nice hotel, I think to see Vancouver, a hotel right downtown would be preferable, and this translates into the lower pricing of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Kelowna
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We've been staying here for years now..always feel safe and are taken care of the same everytime. Shopping is close, the restaurant has fabulous food...never had a noise issue. Heading back there again next month!! Thank you Martin for making us feel at home!!!!

Room Tip: We like the King Suites...jacuzzi tub and 2 TV's so the kids have their own as well
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us. Your Title is what we aspire to be and am so glad that we are able to for you. I am hopeful of your continued patronization and look forward for your next stay with us.

Bhupinder Gill
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
Element Vancouver Metrotown
Maywood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown
Atrium Inn Vancouver
#58 of 89 in Vancouver

Been to Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby? Share your experiences!