“Close call!”

Happy Day Inn Hotel
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Burnaby
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night in August. I was attending an event in Vancouver and chose to stay here due to the affordable price and somewhat close proximity to downtown Vancouver. My room was a decent sized one bedroom with more than enough space for two people. The room had a musty smell and didn't appear very clean though at least the bedding appeared to be clean.

In the middle of the night I was awoken by a very loud car crash. There is an intersection right in front of the hotel so I looked out the window facing the intersection but could not see or hear any sign of a crash. The next morning i discovered that a car ran off the road and hit a car in the hotel parking lot - the car right beside mine! The bumper was ripped right off. The driver took off so the hotel was tying to get information from guests, unfortunately there were no witnesses. Thankfully no one was standing in the parking lot at that time. I sure hope they found the driver responsible for the crash.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Harmonize

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Have a great stay in a studio suite with Kitchenette for my sons Ice Hockey tournament. Hotel was very close to the rink and a solid value, much much less than the more expansive corporate chains in the area. Suite was efficient and clean and the staff was outgoing, friendly and helpful. Would recommend Happy Day Inn to anyone looking for an affordable, comfortable stay in the Burnaby area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nick81221
Happy_Day_Inn, Director of Sales at Happy Day Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Thanks for your encouraging words.Your feedback is our motivation. We always try our best to provide the cheapest possible quality accommodation to our guests. Happy Day Inn does and always will try to live up to your expectations. Looking forward to see you soon again.
Cheers.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

we stayed here for 5 nights and found the staff very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and warm and very reasonably priced. Breakfast was included and although basic, muffins, donuts and coffee its was still good. We Recomend this place if staying in the area!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karina g

Thank you very much for your valued comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our property. Your satisfaction and your feedback means a lot to us. We will always try to serve customers as best as we can. Looking forward to see you soon again.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I read a lot of reviews of motels in the area before deciding on the Happy Day Inn, mostly chosen due to its location. I was concerned as many reviews mentioned the thinness of the walls. I was pleasantly surprised, maybe I lucked out with my neighbours, but the only noise I heard was the traffic and occasional conversations in the hallway. Because I was staying for 4 nights, I reserved a room with a kitchenette. It was much better equipped than I expected. The fridge is a good size, there is a 2 burner stove with oven, a toaster and a kettle. The fry pan is good quality. A continental breakfast is included with the price, but as I cooked bacon and eggs in the room, I can’t rate the quality of the brekkie. The bathroom actually has a decent sized tub with shower, a hairdryer and plenty of hot water. The towels are a bit threadbare but clean. I found the bed to be very comfortable, with high pillows, not the pancakes many budget motels have. The heat/air conditioner unit is extremely efficient. The front desk staff have all been very friendly and helpful, and the cleaning staff have greeted me with smiles in the hallway as well. The place could do with a lick of more expensive paint but it’s not horribly run down. The hallways do smell a bit of cigarette smoke, I wish the whole place was non smoking but I brought my own febreeze and the room itself smelled fine. Overall, it is a tremendous place for the money spent. I booked through Expedia and got an excellent rate on the room, over New Years. Good value for the money, I would book in here again.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the stairwell, on the top floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather M

Hi,
Thanks you so much for your valued comments.We are glad that you liked our property and enjoyed your stay. We @ Happy Day Inn always try to act according to guest recommendations.Thank you for your suggestions.We will make sure that we look into it. We look forward to seeing you again.

Cheers.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

The price of the hotel was good. The room and the beds were clean. The receptionist was friendly. We were supprised that the breakfast was included. I would recommend to stay in this hotel if you going to Vancouver, Burnaby, or Surry.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We were looking to play with my GF for just a few hours. Needed to pick something fast and inexpensive. Picked this hotel and very glad we did.

We were both concerned about that location at first (we are both from a more upscale neighbourghood).

It appeared to be very clean to our surprise. Modest but well maintained. Best of all - we both hate the smell of old hotels. This one didn't have any. That was a great bonus added to our pleasure.

Booked fast over the phone, no hassle.
Friendly, polite, all we needed in the room, showers with good pressure.

Great value for the money.

We will consider it again when close to that neighborhood.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank SexyCpl
Reviewed 15 August 2012

The hotel is ok with good price but the room is too small, not only relatively to other hotels. We got a room of two beds. There was no place to put anything else except us in the room.

The hotel is too far from the center of the town.

There is parking.

Room Tip: It's too far from the center.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank opirg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
The Met Hotel
#2 of 3 in New Westminster
Willingdon Heights
Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby
Ramada Coquitlam
#4 of 4 in Coquitlam

Been to Happy Day Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!