Happy Day Inn Hotel
Travelocity
US$120
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

We were in a room with a really old tv, they are not all like that but ours was. They have water and pop on the fridge and if you open them you have to pay at least 2 dollars for water + tax. The room we were in was old and needed renovations ASAP. For an extra 20 dollars you can stay at a much nicer motel on king sway.

• Stayed: May 2013
Happy_Day_Inn, Manager at Happy Day Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2013

We are sorry to hear that you felt your room was not up to standard. We are a small hotel and we are upgrading the television sets in the rooms. As well all the rooms are being renovated but we can only do one room at a time. As we do not have vending machines here we place the drinks right in your room. Did you alert the staff that you were unhappy? We would have been happy to move you to another room if you wished. We do hope that you enjoyed you trip as a whole and we would like the opportunity to show the improvements we are making to the buildings as time moves on.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

The staff were very friendly and helpful. My girlfriend and I really appreciated the helpful staff who helped us dry off our motorcycle clothing before leaving to continue the rest of our trip. Great staff, and nice clean rooms at a good price. Our room was clean and had everything we needed. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

We thank you for taking the to let us know how we did. It is always a pleasure to help people and make them feel at home. Knowing that you left with a smile makes us feel like we did our job right. We hope you have a safe trip and are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I took a temporary job in Burnaby, BC and stayed at The Happy Day Inn from January through April of 2013.

The hotel extended favorable rates for a long-term stay, and the staff was always friendly and helpful.

Breakfast is included: there are Tim Horton's donuts, fruit, and juice.

The "106" bus runs right by the hotel and runs frequently, so it is easy to take this bus and connect with the skytrain and get anywhere in Vancouver using public transportation without the hassle of parking. A 24-hour 7-11 is in walking distance (for those midnight snack attacks). There are good restaurants within walking distance. At least three restaurants deliver to the hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel as the right balance between economy, amenities, and location.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David A
Happy_Day_Inn, Manager at Happy Day Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

I have passed your kind words along to all the staff who assisted you during your stay. We enjoyed having you here at the Happy Day Inn. And we wish you well in your travels. Drive safely.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

The Happy Day Inn is a basic motel, but I was pleasantly surprised by how spotlessly clean it was, and even on a Saturday night it was completely quiet, both inside and outside. There is a basic "continental" breakfast, which one eats standing up in the lobby, but it was wholesome and tasty - muffins, coffee, juice and fruit.

Staff were very personable and offered me a key to the room before I checked in so I could look and be sure it was OK with me. Which it was.

For the price, this is a great place to stay and not far from major shopping centres.

For an overnight I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank H_and_C_early_60s
Happy_Day_Inn, Manager at Happy Day Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

We would like to thank you for your kind words. And we hope the rest of your trip waas also a success. We do make every effort to accommodate all the needs as best we can of all our guests. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Until next time

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night in August. I was attending an event in Vancouver and chose to stay here due to the affordable price and somewhat close proximity to downtown Vancouver. My room was a decent sized one bedroom with more than enough space for two people. The room had a musty smell and didn't appear very clean though at least the bedding appeared to be clean.

In the middle of the night I was awoken by a very loud car crash. There is an intersection right in front of the hotel so I looked out the window facing the intersection but could not see or hear any sign of a crash. The next morning i discovered that a car ran off the road and hit a car in the hotel parking lot - the car right beside mine! The bumper was ripped right off. The driver took off so the hotel was tying to get information from guests, unfortunately there were no witnesses. Thankfully no one was standing in the parking lot at that time. I sure hope they found the driver responsible for the crash.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple