“Wonderful 65th birthday celebration”

Safari Snack House & Grill
Ranked #32 of 621 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The food was fabulous. We got way more than our moneys worth. It was a real CELEBRATION (of a 65th birthday and wonderful service from Karim, Joanne and the whole staff). We were introduced to this fabulous restaurant a couple of years ago by a dear friend and chose the Safari Snack House and Grill for a birthday feast. The combination of food flavours (African and Indian) and being a part of this wonderful restaurant family was more than worth the trip in from Abbotsford. For a new experience - I encourage you to go - SOON. You will not be disappointed!!

4  Thank Kathy M

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Fellow food lovers. Our friends could not stop raving about their meal and we decided to give it a shot! Best decision ever!!!! It met my expectations and beyond, heck I would make the trip from Seattle to Burnaby on Sunday mornings only for their Samosas, Kababs and specials of the day!!! The seating is limited, customer service is comparable to a very generous host who has invited you home for a fabulous meal.

Safari Snack House and Grill is known for their Samosa's but what I found out is, they serve freshly made specials of the day every day so the menu is different on daily basis. Its hard to see the small seating area when you come to the restaurant. There might be a little bit of wait time depending on what time you get there. We barely waited for 10 minutes last weekend!!! They serve unlimited chutneys and masala chai. The best part is their samosas and kababs which is served fresh and hot. (to die for)

The thing to keep in mind is menu items are very reasonable and portions on main dishes are enough to feed two. Among 5 people we bought a few snacks, drinks and specials of the day for all under 40 Canadian dollars!!!! Absolutely a must go place as soon as you cross the border from US to Canada or on your way back!!!

2  Thank yahoovacation
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Our kitchen flooded and i was in a state kids and i ate there almost every day they would go out of there way to make us feel. At home spoiling the kids. If youve never tried east african indian food which is fusion between african ingredients and indian cooking style this place is a must.....it also makes the best somosas in town. If the owner figured out who i am than shhhhhhh!!!! Thankyou for all you did and do!!!

3  Thank Movingmommie
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I decided to take one of our vendors to this restaurant based on the feedback on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. Food was excellent and fresh. I would highly recommend this place; don't let the exterior of the restaurant fool you.

Parking is hard to find in the lot, so you may have to park in the neighbouring streets.

3  Thank AKIB_WorldTravelers
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I chose this restaurant for my birthday as it is one of the higher rated
African restaurants on this site.

Decor: The colours and African prints are nice touches without being overdone.

Service: Some of the best I've had. Not only explained the dishes, but
explained menu dishes. Owner is Friendly and always available for some nice
interaction with her as well. (very cheerful)

Food: We happened to go on Thursday afternoon they have a specials of the day. The server highly recommended we try Chicken Tika which accompanied rice and potato....WOW..Delicious!

Overall: If you like Indian food you should enjoy this place as a twist (from
the East African influences). If you DON'T like Indian because it's too spicy,
most of the dishes here are mild-medium spice. (avoid coconut chutney and
carrot pickle - both spicy) and it may work for you depending on your tolerance for spice. This just made my top daytime Restaurant list as it closes at 6:30pm. I can't wait to go back.

4  Thank Irv j