“Disappointing”
Review of Osaka Sushi

Osaka Sushi
Ranked #151 of 602 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: They do not appear to have a webpage yet, but they are excellent and I noticed that other sites that rate restaurants give it high marks.
Vancouver, Canada
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

Osaka hasn't been open that long. The first couple of times we went, it was average but ok. Unfortunately, seems to be declining. We ordered out from there yesterday. They got our order wrong which was frustrating. The rolls were also still slightly warm and average at best. The Summer Roll says it contains Japanese Pickle but it tastes very fishy. The sunomono salads we ordered were very small and didn't contain much in the way of noodles - mostly vinegar. Will say, the sashimi was very good. Unfortunately, didn't make up for the rest of it. At $60 for the two of us, we won't be going back - just not worth it.

Vancouver, Canada
“Very Tasty, Fantastic Prices”
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This sushi place is in my neighbourhood, and my husband and i have dinner at Osaka Sushi every couple of weeks.

They have some very creative rolls along with the standards and a range of other Japanese dishes.

We can always depend on them to serve delicious, fresh food. We leave satisfied and looking forward to our next visit.

I've been to Tojo's, and this isn't Tojo's, but it's by far the best choice for a casual sushi dinner at a very reasonable price.

Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2012
Ladysmith, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We used to go to a Japanese restaurant almost directly across the street that , in its day, served some of the best Japanese food we had the opportunity to eat, but after years of slowly going down hill in quality and more so in service, a fire eventually closed the restaurant for good. We heard about Osaka and were told it was as good as this other place and we decided to try it out.

I am not a big raw fish fan, been there done that, but we do enjoy good Japanese and started with Miso Soup, which was very flavorful, and the tofu nice and firm. We moved on to Ebi Sunomono and we were very impressed with the amount of shrimp they added to it. The Chicken Karaage was nicely spiced. We decided to move on to Beef Teriyaki Don, which was very good, and the mixed Tempura was simply delicious, not greasy and more than enough for the price. We also decided to try the pan-fried Pork Gyoza and were not disappointed at all, perfectly seasoned and piping hot. I love Tobiko with quail eggs, and decided to end my meal with two pieces. I was so impressed, the Tobiko was quite fresh and burst in my mouth leaving such a lasting flavor. I could have eaten more, but was so full as it was. Kirin beers rounded off our dinner. We had enough leftovers for lunch the next day. All in all I felt that the food was better than "that other place" and the service was impeccable. Nice Friday evening out and was not hard on the wallet.

• Visited July 2012