“Looks are Deceiving”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Along with the Home
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Before I booked this room the agent called to clarify what was available. The manager (owner) said that towels were provided, but if you needed more there would be a charge. The pictures do not do it justice. The place is not clean and I can post a picture to show this. When I arrived, I looked around my room, with private bath, and realized there was no towels, soap, shampoo, hairdryer, to be found. I went to sit on the bed and realized the sheets were not clean. I went to speak with the owner, and he said these things were not provided. He wouldn't even give me clean sheets. I wanted to leave, but I had booked for a week and he wouldn't even give me a partial refund. From that night, it just got worse. The kettle that was provide was not clean inside, gave water a bad taste, Took cup out of cupboard, dirty and wet. Refrigerator was also not clean. There are no tea towels, dish soap for the dishes. The room and bathroom was not cleaned the whole week I was there. They say there is parking provide. What is provided is a place on the road alongside a a steep ditch. The owner parked his van across driveway so customers could not park in driveway. Baby in the house made lots of noise. I can hear clearly anyone walking in the house besides my room or above. Cannot sleep well with this noise and sounds of bickering. House is not insulated for renters. Was also warned to take my things with me. They were not responsible if anything went missing. Very few channels on TV. The owner never once made any effort to find out if guest is staying comfortably here or need anything. Also, across the street is an abandoned boarded up house.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo