“A new home base in Burnaby”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burnaby
Haddon House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Burnaby B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We lost our parents last year, and now have no family or home to stay with in Burnaby. But this is still the place we both call home emotionally and when at the coast we like to spend time here. Haddon House is a lovely vintage home that has been converted into a B&B, nestled in a quiet neighbourhood just off Canada Way and Burris, which is in easy distance of Hwy 1 for those travelling into town by car.

Our hosts have been very gracious, serving great big morning meals, and lively conversation at the dining table.

The rooms are comfortable and well appointed, and the rest of the house is accessible to enjoy as desired. There is a beverage bar in the upstairs office with coffee, tea and soft drinks at hand, access to a computer and printer to print out maps and things,

Thanks, Johannes and Marie-Louise, we will be back again!

Room Tip: They are all great - we were booking at the last minute and took the one room without an ensuite bat...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Haddon House Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I felt very relaxed and cozy at this traditionally decorated, antique-filled inn located in a quiet, safe neighborhood that was still very close to Metrotown and Highway 1. The breakfasts were gourmet and the owners were very accommodating and professional. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: I would try to get the suites with the bathroom inside the rooms. I was in the Dearholme suite and...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This was my second stay at a B&B (my awesome stay on the Sunshine Coast has opened my eyes) and it was great!
The house is close in proximity to everything; tourist attractions, shopping, food...work ( in my case) BUT it feels as though you are in a totally different city. The area is extremely quiet. Being so close to the park and lake, it is quite picturesque.
The rooms themselves are beautiful, and very accommodating. Laid out well; there is more than enough space to yourself in the rooms.
The bed was great, very comfy. Not too hard, not too soft! ...and the breakfast.....nom nom nom! It was delish! Poor Johannes, I only wanted a quick breakfast- granola, yogurt etc, - he is a true genius in the kitchen so I think he was disappointed that he couldn't go all out for me.(I specifically requested a light breakfast to accommodate my schedule) but he sent me off with freshly baked muffins, just in case I got hungry and strongly encouraged me to come back when I wasn't working so that I could experience the full breakfast. And if it is a smidgen of what the " light " breakfast was, I know I am in for a real treat.
I will definitely be coming back. Johannes and Marie- Louise are phenomenal hosts. They go out of their way to make your stay an experience.
Looking forward to seeing you both soon, and Duchess, of course!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
HaddonHouse, Owner at Haddon House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

So glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Haddon House. We consider it a true success if we have inspired someone with little prior B & B experience to continue to search out Bed & Breakfasts when looking for accommodation - we believe it is truly is a 'better way to stay' !

Next time we'll definitely want to pamper you with a full gourmet breakfast, if you allow us to.

Marie-Louise & Johannes

Reviewed 21 April 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to find at Haddon House, better accomodation, food, and congenial environment than we have ever experienced. The hosts are true professionals in the art of providing the right balance of privacy, service, and hospitality. The breakfasts are more properly classified as brunches, with both hot and cold items fresh and top-quality, expertly prepared and presented. We were fortunate that during our stay Johannes and Marie-Louise joined us for the morning repast, and offered local knowledge on navigation, area history, dining recommendations as well as interesting conversation. What a pleasure to find such comfortable accomodation in a major city that was new to us. My wife and I are looking forward to our next visit to Vancouver, and hope that we can return to Haddon House.

Robert Cheadle

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
HaddonHouse, Owner at Haddon House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Thank-you for your gracious comments - the pleasure of your company was as much ours as yours. We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast conversations with you, and are delighted that your first B & B experience was such a positive one! We very much hope to see you again at Haddon House.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night on our way out to Harrison Hot Springs... one night was definitely not enough! Johannes is a marvelous chef and host - I simply cannot say enough good things about the breakfast. There is a dog, but it is very well-behaved (and pretty low-energy). The bed was super-comfortable, the bathroom spacious and well-kept, and the common living-room area inviting and relaxing. We will absolutely be back.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a 2 night getaway at Haddon House and were treated like royalty by Johannes and Marie-Louise! The room was lovely with the right combination of modern refinements and restoration elegance. The breakfast was world class featuring Johannes' culinary skills and impecable European standards. Haddon House is beautiful and in close proximity to walking trails, malls (and an amazing outdoor Christmas lights display this month). Haddon House is a hidden gem in the heart of the city!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
HaddonHouse, Owner at Haddon House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Thank-you so much for your enthusiastic and positive review of Haddon House. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed the modern refinements and restoration elegance of our premises - our aim is to provide our guests with the 'best of both worlds' when they stay here. We hope that this unique hidden gem in the City will be discovered by other travellers to Burnaby, and that we can count on serving you and your wife again soon!

Reviewed 6 November 2012

I stayed for three nights, and the entire stay was super nice. The accommodations were the best I've ever had (admittedly, I usually never go to fancy places), the food was amazing, and the hosts were very friendly and welcoming. The breakfasts were top notch; well cooked, a variety of things to eat, and lots of it. The rooms were very clean, and the beds and things were all nice. I thought it would be weird staying at what is essentially a stranger's house, but Johannes and Marie-Louise were so welcoming and friendly my apprehensions vanished. Duchess (the dog) was an absolute marvel!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
Element Vancouver Metrotown
Willingdon Heights
Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby
Maywood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown

Been to Haddon House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!