“Fantastic breakfast and fantastic hosts”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burnaby
Haddon House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Burnaby B&B and Inns
Pemberton, Canada
“Fantastic breakfast and fantastic hosts”
Reviewed 6 September 2009

We stayed for one night to make our Metrotown shopping trip more worthwhile.

The location was easy to find down a quiet leafy street and the accommodation was very plush and comfortable. The hosts could not be more welcoming or accommodating and the breakfast was unbelievable!

We had dinner at the Hart House restaurant, a short walk from the B&B, and had a wonderful meal.

All in all a fabulous stay which I would highly recommend as we will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marge1972

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Portola Valley
Reviewed 5 September 2009

When we stayed at the Haddon House and were welcomed as if we had been family for years. It was our first "stay." Our room was so comfortable and we enjoyed the backyard daily. My daily run was 2 blocks away that took me along the most beautiful lake with a perfect running loop. Our breakfast was something out of Martha Stewart! We cannot sing enough praises for our new friends that own the Haddon House....a job well done

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
pleasanton
Reviewed 2 September 2009

The home is beautiful and roomy. The food is a true delight. The bedrooms are perfect with great bed linens. The gardens are warm and inviting. The best part was how the owners made you feel so at home. It was very hard to leave!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
San Francisco
Reviewed 2 September 2009

We could not have asked for a better experience for our stay in Vancouver.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
edmonton
Reviewed 6 May 2009

We recently stayed at Haddon House with my Mother,sister and teenage son. My son was involved in a tournament at the Simon Frasier Uni and so I found the B & B on the internet as it stated it was near SFU. I was reluctant to stay in Burnaby as I thought it would be to out of the way for sightseeing while my son was at the SFU but were we ever wrong. This location is perfect as it is so easily accessilbe to HWY 1 and other main thouroughfares to get you to all the sites so much quicker than had we had stayed in the heart of Vancouver as we were able to bypass all the downtown streets.
The house is in a elegant neighbourhood to reflect how beautiful the Haddon House is. So comfortable were the beds and the use of the outside deck was such a bonus as well having access to the main floor which was so comfortable and gorgeous.

As for Johannes he is the real deal and a fantastic host and chef. Breakfast was outstanding. They went over and beyond when he made a lunch for my son for the 2 days we were there!!! And my son loved it!!
And Marie-Louise is so genuine!! WE loved our stay and will be back for sure and tell all our friends to stay there when visiting Vancouver.
Jane deVries

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reviewed 15 March 2009

Recently, my husband and I booked a two-night stay at Haddon House B & B in Burnaby, BC and ended up staying for five! Haddon House is a beautiful historic B & B property nestled in a quiet neighborhood with a nice walking trail and lake close by. The breakfasts prepared and served every morning by Johannes were second to none...delicious, healthy, plenty of choice and beautifully presented. We felt like royalty every morning! Both Johannes and Marie-Louise are warm, engaging hosts with a unique sense of knowing what their guests need before they do. No detail was missed in making our stay in B.C a memorable one. Would we recommend staying at Haddon House? Absolutely!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Regina, SK
Reviewed 31 January 2009

Th Haddon House B&B was one of the finest that I have ever had the privilege of staying at. I was in Burnaby on business, examining piano candidates for the Royal Conservatory of Music, and Johnannes picked me up from and returned me to the airport, drove me to and from my daily examining route, and they also provided suppers, for which I was extremely grateful. To be so well accomodated was amazing to behold, and I felt totally looked after and completely 'part of the family' with Marie-Louise and Johannes.

The Haddon House is located on a quiet street in Burnaby (Buckingham), and it has three lovely guest rooms. I stayed in the Avalon Suite, and it was perfect for my needs, with computer accessability, and they provided me with a table to do my bookwork on.

The breakfasts were sumptuos creations, as Johannes studied as a caterer in Switzerland, and the table was always resplendent with fine cutlery, fabric napkins, heated plates (something totally new to me!), and an array of fruit, juice, muffins and croissants. I was even encouraged to take fruit or anything else along as my morning snack, which was very much appreciated, as my day was long!

Their dog was also marvelously well-behaved, and very friendly without being intrusive or 'jumping up', which surprised me, having dogs myself.

I would strongly reccommend this fabulous experience to anyone wanting 'a home away from home, only better!'

I hope to return there the next time my travels take me to Burnaby!
Thank you again so much!

• Liked — Everything...particularly the hospitality
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnaby
Maywood
Element Vancouver Metrotown
Maywood
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Vancouver Metrotown
Willingdon Heights
Executive Suites Hotel Burnaby
Happy Day Inn Hotel
#8 of 10 in Burnaby

Been to Haddon House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!