“Used to be Better”

Cockney Kings Fish & Chips
Ranked #2 of 621 Restaurants in Burnaby
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have been to Cockney King's many times over the years and have enjoyed it. This last visit, after not going for a while was disappointing. They used to have cod and halibut as their fish and they were great, but they have added a haddock. I thought I would give that a go. Not so good. It was mushy. The fries also weren't as good as I remember.

Gregory D, Guest Relations Manager at Cockney Kings Fish & Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2015

Hi Kershal,

Thanks kindly for your review. Firstly, apologies that it's taken us a bit of time to respond. Secondly, our apologies that we didn't hit a home run for you this time around. We did indeed add Haddock to the menu, as we we've had customers asking for the addition for some time! We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy it as much as you do our Cod and Halibut. We certainly do hope you'll give us another go in the future. We promise, the Cod and Halibut will be as delicious as you remember them being!

All the best,

-CK

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Grilled salmon, a crisp salad, and coleslaw works for me! And a nice bun with butter. True happiness for someone who won't eat anything battered and deep fried! Also nice ambience and friendly staff.

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

By far the best Fish & Chips I have had, ever. You can taste the butter in the batter. Well done! My recommendation: share a plate... It's large enough to feed two.

1  Thank AKIB_WorldTravelers
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We enjoyed a great meal here. Be sure to order mushy peas.. They were a wonderful enhancement.
Poutine option was a delicious surprise too. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday they have a 9.95 all you can eat deal that includes bottomless beverage. Fantastic service!

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Close to real English fare. I enjoyed the outing immensely. The folks running this place are so friendly and funny.