“Excellent excellent excellent”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Burnaby
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Burnaby is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 642 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Oh no not a Steak house (sorry I'm a recently arrived Brit and Steakhouse is a dirty word in the UK).

WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRISE. From the moment we walked in the door I was pleasently surprised. The receptionist was well presented friendly AND efficient. I had time to visit the washroom and again pleasently surprised, very tastefully decorated and with quality furnishings and fittings. As soon as I returned to reception we were shown to our yable which was excellent, a booth on the raised level. Our waiter Justin arrived almost immediately and had that perfect balance of humour, understanding and civility AND he knew his menu and his wine/beers. A real professional. The meal simply confirm what a great choice this restaurant was, the fillet was just perfect (à point) with Asparagus done to perfection and some shrimp that would have done crocodile Dundee proud. My wife had chicken and again she had nothing but praise. Even the bill was most palatable. Oh and BTW their Wheat (Weisse) beer was perfect.

I still wish they wouldn't clear the table until we both have finished but I know it's the American way but we're in Canada so please a little French decorum would be much appreciated. :-)

We simply couldn't have been happier all round though, thank you, we'll be back.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

One of our favourite local restaurants with great food and excellent service. Great steaks and appies as well.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Ever since the Keg Station in New West closed the Burnaby Keg has been busy, ah busier, so says the receptionist at the Keg Still Creek. So the few minutes wait wasn't all that bad considering. This was a special birthday so a special dinner. I ordered the "special" sirloin with seafood melange. The steak was average at best, a bit tough! Hmm? Seafood was puny, tiny chunk of lobster, a shrimp, nothing worth mentioning in the taste department. Two limp asparagus spears and a very overcooked green pepper. The Keg-sized glass of wine didn't look much more than the regular. Now the "free" dessert was very good but diminished by the exploding wine glass as the waiter removed it. He replaced the dessert but that's it. Just changed my mind ... and the rating from average to poor. For that kind of money I was expecting A LOT MORE in terms of taste and service. Oh yeah and it was LOUD! Sorry Keg yer off the list.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

We hadn't been to a Keg for a few years and decided to re-visit the Burnaby location. We didn't realize that the yearly promotion "Dine Out Vancouver" had started so we were lucky we arrived early. It was very busy, however, we were given a beeper and only had a 10 minute wait before we were seated. Apparently they only reserve a maximum of 40% seating and the rest is wide open for walk-ins.
Staff were great, fast, clued in about allergies and happy to twig the menu to suit a "no gluten" order.
We decided to go with the "Dine Out" menu which was a choice of one each of a salad/appetizer, main, and dessert or spanish coffee. Three items for $38.00 plus tax/tip.
The baked garlic shrimp was very good and it came with two tiny buns to soak up the butter.
I had the filet steak wrapped in applewood bacon, with a baked potato, and my partner had the prime rib with shrimp. Both were cooked beautifully as ordered and portions were so large (for us) we took some leftovers home. Wine by the glass was good , Cal. Mondavi Cab. Sauv, $11.50 for a 9 ounce glass which we though was reasonable.
We both had coffee for dessert but the desserts looked very appealing for sure.
One thing that struck us, was in spite of this restaurant being huge, the acoustics and design is so wonderful that you aren't aware of any noise to prevent private conversations. No shouting needed here!
The bill was just under $100.00 before tip and worth every penny.

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Very good server, good food. And I got free cake since it was my birthday! Free parking too. Keg is usually a good choice.