“Quality food, good atmosphere.”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Burnaby
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Burnaby is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 607 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stopped here the other day to get out of the traffic, due to an accident on the nearby freeway. I took a seat at the bar and the staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and the service was quick. I ordered the prime rib, which was very good but not outstanding, it did however come with some excellent (and very hot) horseradish.

It's the Keg so you know what you're getting, but given the great staff and great service, I'd definitely eat here again.

There are newer reviews for The Keg Steakhouse + Bar Burnaby

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We dined here on Saturday evening around 5:30 pm and had a 5 minute wait. The staff we encountered were all friendly. The food is fairly consistent and good. The food arrived in a timely manner and my family enjoyed the meal. My steak was cooked perfectly and the service was really good.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

All four sides of my luxury vehicle was severly damaged by vandalism in this Keg parking lot in broad daylight by over served, drunk bar patrons. Your luxury vehicle is not safe in this parking lot even in broad daylight. Management could care less. Go elsewhere or your vehicle is going to need a paint job.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

What can you say about the Keg except that it is consistent and a good place to have a casual drink and a great meal. All Keg's are pretty similar however having been to almost all I would have to say that the service has always been "just" a bit friendlier and better and their sister restaurants. Lotsa smiles and an excellent crab bisque made for a great time.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Believe or Not was my High School Grad theme song that my friend and I say at our grad ceremony in Prince George, BC. Before you start laughing read on. Believe or not, Prince George is known to have one of the best performing restaurants of all Kegs. I have never confirmed it but heard it is one of the only Kegs that is still owned by the original owner because it makes so much money. Apparently it's a hard act to follow. One of the best things about reviewing a chain restaurant is that you have another very similar restaurant to compare to. Tonight my family were excited to go out for a good quality dinner at the Keg in Burnaby. The reservation process was fabulous. I don't understand why some restaurants won't take reservations so was thrilled that the Keg does. I was even asked if it we would be celebrating a special occasion. When we arrived we received a very pleasant greeting by the hostesses and promptly seated at our fabulous booth. I immediately reminisced about dinners at the Keg in PG and how well we were always treated. I don't need an ego boost but when you're paying a pretty penny for a meal it helps to know that your service and opinion is valued. The server took our drink order and meal order without a problem but seemed somewhat preoccupied. No friendly chit chat just cut to the chase. I ordered King Crab at $42/plate. The beautiful big crab legs were very tasty but were a little on the cool side. You only get one side dish so I chose the grilled veggies which were quite cool. My hubby and sons had the Keg's signature steaks. The steaks with the seafood on them were apparently particularly tasty while the peppercorn steak was more mediocre. The server returned to ask if everything was okay. Since she still seemed pre-occupied, busy, and like she didn't really care I didn't bother to tell her my food was cold. Having worked in restaurants I also know better than to complain about food and have it go back to the kitchen. I ate the crab and quite enjoyed it but couldn't get into the cold veggies. I debated whether or not to say anything to the server when she collected our plates but my memories of the great service at the Keg in PG tricked me into telling her. In PG the manager would have been by the table already to check in with us, give us a few laughs, and make us feel like we're valuable customers. Any problems with the food would have quickly resulted in a special coffee or dessert to make up for it. Well as soon as I mentioned that my veggies were cold (they were still on my plate) the server snapped at me for telling her sooner. I felt chastised in front of my family and a great evening felt ruined by a sudden and unwarranted negative response from her. It seemed she was demanding to know whey I didn't tell her sooner. I really didn't want to get into it with her so didn't tell her that I didn't want to send it back to the kitchen or that she didn't seem to really care. No comping just complaining about how I didn't tell her. I've worked in the service industry and know the customer is always right. Apparently this isn't her motto. Overall we had a good evening. I enjoyed the big pieces of crab but didn't need the crabby attitude to go with it. Believe or not, I miss the good old days of great service at the Keg in PG.

2  Thank usanadawn