“The Best of Burnaby!”

Cuisines: French, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Willingdon Heights
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Had dinner there last night. Started off with scallops in a bacon risotto as an hors d'ouvre,, with perfectly baked chicken as the main course, and ended with a dish of Stilton cheese and candied walnuts. That and a nice white BC wine is about as good as life gets! The staff and service was exceptional making for a memorable evening of enjoyment!

1  Thank david N

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Scott and Stephanie continue to show their clients how a great restaurant runs! Food and service excellent; ambience couldn't be better. Keep it up; we will be back again, and again, and again.

1  Thank scotthean
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The Pear Tree has just become our favorite restaurant!

The owners are wonderful, seem to love their jobs and value their clientele.
Their staff members were attentive, friendly, informative and polite... but not always in your way.

The restaurant was smaller than I expected, making it quiet, relaxing and very enjoyable!

There was not a huge menu selection.
But the food...was WONDERFUL, cooked to perfection and attractively presented!

You could feel comfortable going there in a pair of jeans as easily as you would if you'd dressed a little nicer. My boyfriend was coming from work - so he was wearing a suit and tie. I came dressed more casually as did our friends.

We will go back for sure and will recommend this restaurant to our friends!!

Thanks for your hospitality, Scott and Stephanie! Truly a wonderful experience!

1  Thank Kelly P
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This place is amazing! Presentation and flavours of food were superb! I had the carmelized orange scallops on bacon risotto and the seasonal halibut as the main course. Both were awesome! My hubby had the prawn bisque to start which was great and had lots of prawn pieces but his main entree of lamb shank was just okay...nothing special. However, the lemon tart for dessert is what I highly recommend! It was sooooo delish! Great cappuccinos too. But the star of the dinner was the complimentary brioche bread...I ended up getting full on it that I couldn't finish my dinner entree! The service here is impeccable. My server, Omar, really knows his food and I love his demeanour. First-class service! Thanks for a fantastic dinner!

1  Thank 2bucketlist2
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We went there for our anniversary, after hearing one of our friends raving about Pear Tree all the time. Pear Tree has an unpretentious decor and can be easily missed when you are walking by. We had a groupon for a five course meal and all the dishes were delicious and beautifully presented. Wine pairing was great and service was impeccable. This easily became our favorite restaurant. Though it is a bit pricey and we may save it for special occasions.