“Great Food and Wonderful Staff”

Ricky's Country Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 630 Restaurants in Burnaby
Price range: US$9 - US$16
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Always felt at home when I went to eat at this restaurant. The food was and excellent and had some of the friendliest staff. Conveniently located to the hotel.

1  Thank Major C

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I'm in town for a cruise and ended up going to this restaurant twice since it's connected to the Accent Inn hotel I stayed at. I had read good reviews about the place so I was excited to have "real" breakfast rather than the powdered eggs and toast at most hotels.
I first visited for lunch with my mother and sister. The food was pretty good and the service was pretty decent, even if the waitress wasn't the most friendly. She even went out of her way to insult the US by saying we don't even have chips in our credit cards to make them more secure and we're supposed to be so much better at everything. Might have been different if she were smiling or just having fun with us but she was very serious.
At any rate I decided to visit again for breakfast before our cruise. I went solo this time. I admit I have higher expectations than some people but 30 min to get your food is a little much. In the end it took me more than an hour to get out of this place on a Tuesday morning. The food was average at best and the service was terrible. It looked like my waitress was busy but she never checked on me until she brought the bill and never asked me how the food was or if I needed anything, etc. I needed a refill and some butter for the pancakes but eventually just gave up on it and ate most of it, as is. Not a good experience. On the bright side I don't believe I was singled out. I heard other tables around me complaining about how they had been waiting or they were hungry or where was the waitress, etc.
On the plus side, on my first visit there was another waitress who was incredibly friendly. She didn't wait on us but she saw we needed water and brought refills as well as letting my sister charge her camera with a nearby outlet. Too bad we didn't get her or this review could have turned out differently!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Great atmosphere, great selection and great food. The service was excellent and food served by bright smiling servers

2  Thank Willow50
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I went there for breakfast.
Portions are huge. Food is really good.
Service is friendly.
Confortable and nicely decorated.
Family friendly.

1  Thank MooseJoh
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Our server was Pat. She was very friendly and seemed to genuinely enjoy her conversation with our 6 year old social butterfly! Our daughter told her our names and she made a point to address us by them when talking to us. She also spoke directly to our kids which they appreciated. When our daughter knocked off and broke a glass, Pat rushed over and insisted we finish our breakfast while it was warm while she attended to it.
Our breakfast was out quickly and warm, good portions too. Would eat here again for breakfast for sure! Thanks to Pat for the great service!

1  Thank Melanie T