“First time Visit, We'll be Back!”

Burnaby Palace Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 621 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My wife, and her friends, along with myself had a long day of taking photos for a website. After finishing our day we decided to get some Chinese food. We have passed Burnaby Palace many times on Boundary, but never made the stop. Since we were in the area, it only made sense. We arrived around 4 pm on a Sunday with plenty of parking, and friendly staff which quickly seated our table of 6. We noticed that the restaurant was fairly busy with many guests. That didn't slow the kitchen down one bit! They had tea on the house on the table as we sat. We could barely get our minds wrapped around what we were going to order and our waitress was back taking our orders. I'd say less than 15 minutes we had our table complete with food for 6. The waitress checked back with us and topped up our tea. Overall the price, food, and service is quality which I can stand behind. We were so impressed, I don't think I'll go anywhere else in Burnaby. Great Job, 6 happy guests! (We had Shrimp Fried Rice, Lemon Chicken, Chow mein, Sweet and Sour Pork, Kung Pao Chicken, Deep Fried Squid) All Great choices!

Reviewed 30 January 2013

The food was properly spiced and not at all greasy. Portions were large and sauce amounts generous. Requested no MSG and this was accomodated with no problems. Good value and quick delivery. Would recommend specially after a long day on the road.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

This is my favourite Chinese restaurant in Vancouver and its just on the Burnaby side of Boundary Road.. My family has been going here for years, since before the new building. The owners are very friendly, making sure to acknowledge all the customers personally. This makes us feel welcome and appreciated.
The menu is vast with lots of selection including spicy and curry. Lots of choices for vegetarians, too. If you need something customized, they are very accommodating. Service is attentive as it is a team effort. They look after the small details so well, like plants in the windows, checking your tea constantly, and giving you anything you ask for very promptly. Come early or make a reservation as the place fills up by 6:30. They try to bring all your dishes together unless you order a hot pot which takes longer, but is worth waiting for.
Quantities are generous and prices reasonable. We nearly always have leftovers which they graciously wrap for us. The vegetables are always not overcooked, the sauces not overbearing, what else could you ask for?

1  Thank susanaquerida
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We have eaten at this restaurant many times and the food is always exceptional for a Chinese restaurant with a tacky name. The portions are large and full of flavour. Our favourite is the steamed or pan fried pork dumplings. I have had dumplings in many places in China and they are not better than those at the Burnaby Palace. There is a section of the menu which features their specialties and all of them are excellent. The seafood is fresh and tasty and the ordinary dishes like sweet and sour or ginger beef are super. I also recommend the house special chow mein with crispy noodles. It is not hard to find; one block north of Canada Way on Boundary Road in Burnaby BC. This is a popular place with the locals so if you have a large party - make a reservation.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Ate with a couple of girlfriends here on the weekend. I've also been a few times in the past. It's a typical Chinese restaurant which although not the best, is probably the best in Burnaby. quaint ambience. The portions are big and the service was fast and efficient. If you're in the area and are looking for Chinese, this place will surely do the trick.