“Food was amazing, disappointed in the service I received.”

Paradise Vegetarian Noodle House
Ranked #44 of 611 Restaurants in Burnaby
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 14 March 2014

If we're talking strictly about food, this place is great. If we add in service and overall experience, I have to say it is one of the worst experiences I have ever encountered.

As I have been avoiding meat, I had researched vegetarian restaurants and in Burnaby. Even though this is a bit out of the way for me, I made a special trip here to try out some vegan pho.

As a solo diner walking in to a crowded room nearing the end of the lunch rush, all tables were filled and so I waited at the door, expecting a friendly greeting and was ready to wait for an empty table. I got a look from the server who then quickly went to the back and didn't come out for about a minute or so. After awkwardly waiting at the door, I went to the counter to let her know I was there. I was abruptly told to wait until there was a free table. I had to ask for a menu and I was sitting at the heightened table facing the window (presumably for those waiting for take out or for people who want a view of the strip mall parking lot).

I would not have minded sitting there even though a group had left the table right beside me and for the half hour or so that I was there waiting (whether for a table or for the food I decided to take out), the table was left empty and not cleaned. I waited for the woman to take my order which she didn't so I once again had to get up, pass the empty table with dirty dishes and tell her that I wanted take out instead. She didn't try to direct me to that empty table or the couple of other ones that soon became empty as people left but she just took the order. So I waited again, almost embaressingly waiting for my take out as more tables became free but were left uncleaned. I even had to ask for the tea that would have come with the meal I had wanted to eat there.

I could hear her apologizing to other guests that they had to wait so long for their food as I sat waiting for my take out. So it also surprised me that when she finally came over with my take out food (and I was starving at this point), she didn't say sorry and just gave me my food.

So sure, the vegan beef pho was delicious and fresh tasting. The vegan pork roll and sauce were also delicious. Unfortunately when asked about this place, all I can tell people about is the poor service.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Delicious vegan food with plenty of options and The owners are also incredibly nice people. I love Paradise Vegetarian Noodle House!

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Tucked away in a small strip mall on the border between Burnaby and New West, this restaurant is well worth seeking out. The food is excellent and such good value, all dishes under $10, and the recent renovations are very nice. Run by two women who always seem a bit tired and weary, they work wonders with veggie meat. I always pick up an order of salad rolls for $3.50 when I do a shop at Choices. Best spring rolls I've ever eaten!

Reviewed 13 September 2011

I make a point of going here for a great lunch or dinner at least once a month. They probably have the best Fresh Spring rolls out of any Thai restaurant I have ever been, And their Peanut sauce is to die for. This is also the first place I have ever had Vegetarian Won Ton Soup. A large menu with enough to satisfy even those who choose to eat meat dishes (but all vegetarian) Definately worth a visit. Small establishment, and service can be slow but always friendly.. Dont forget to ask for water, or you will only get tea. :)

1  Thank Decimus0003
Reviewed 4 July 2011

As a vegetarian I am always looking for tasty food. Well, I have found paradise! The textures, spices and broths ROCK. Plus their message is simple...LOVE... two sweet woman cooking up a storm. Sometimes veggies get stuck in the curry rut...but not here, you will be pleasantly surprised. YUM YUM YUM YUMMMMMMM It's quite lovelt too. Everything is veggie so don't take a person that is stuck on red meat!!

1  Thank yummy5