“A tasty takeout lunch!”

Ranked #38 of 642 Restaurants in Burnaby
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: Golden Pita offers authentic Lebanese cuisine With chef specials daily on the menu, it is a perfect place to have a satisfying and delicious lunch. Golden Pita also offers a variety of wraps, including chicken and beef shawarma, and also the best falafels in BC! It also has a special Saturday brunch set up with the open Lebanese pies, whether cheese, zaatar, or meat pies. Whether it is for a quick bite or take out, or a sit in lunch or dinner, Golden Pita has a great atmosphere for family and friends.
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We recently enjoyed a very tasty lunch via a takeout order.

She called and ordered from home (from a menu we had on-hand), before heading to a medical appointment, then we dropped in and picked it up on the way home. We arrived at the time they were advised to expect us, and found everything ready, boxed, bagged, and waiting for us -- a much-appreciated and very nice start to our lunch!!

Our order, and it was prepared (in quantity) for three adults -- consisted of their house salad, stuffed grape leaves (with sauces), and large meat pies (with sauces).

The food was good - tasty and flavourful. The service was very accommodating and friendly.

Good food and service, and handy to home -- wow, will have to do this again some time soon ... and for a change, dine-in the next time.

It's a cute little place, nice people, and the aroma's are so inviting!!!

5  Thank johnny2bc

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Good food, fast and friendly service. I had the chicken donair and it was tasty. The server was very helpful and very attentive to the requests of my picky friend. It is a pity they close early.

1  Thank ShookaK
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I was taken here for a quick lunch by some friends from Abu Dhabi - they go regularly. All I had was their humous and pita and it was easily the best and tastiest I have ever had anywhere. Will certainly return for a full meal next time I am in the area.

1  Thank yonze
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Best Lebanese food in North America? Hmm, that is a bold statement, isn't it? I would feel very comfortable putting down $100 to say that this statement is true when it comes to this price range.

This place is one of my favorites when I'm in a rush (or just hungry) and I need something that is extremely flavorful, satisfying, and delicious. The food is SUPER AMAZING. The service is great and did I mention, the food is GOOD!

One of my favorites is the "Chicken Rocket". The "Chicken Rocket" is a wrap that is oven roasted until the pita is golden brown and has a nice crunch. It consists of delicious minced chicken, onions, various spices, and cheese. They also stuff the "Chicken Rocket" with a few pieces of pickled turnip and tomatoes. All these flavors working together is a beautiful thing and brings tears of joy to me.

They have Daily Specials as well as specials on Saturdays where they serve specialty items such as their pies (kind of like a pizza) : Cheese Pie; Zaatar Pie; Meat Pie; and Foule. The pies are made from homemade dough about the size of a personal pan pizza. The meat pie is covered in spiced ground meat. Zaatar pie has spices such as thyme, oregano, etc. Cheese pie is a mixture of mozzarella & feta. The Foule is a mixture of several type of beans in a stew of delicious garlic sauce which can be enjoyed with pita bread.

The chicken that is served here is also Halal (for those that care about this). This place is HIGHLY recommended, the prices are good, and the food is even better.

3  Thank Mexicant999
Reviewed 18 January 2010

If you crave freshly made falafel...fried right there on the spot (no microwaving here)...then RUN, don't walk, to the GOLDEN PITA RESTAURANT in Burnaby. This is a quaint restuarant that serves up some of the best home-made Lebanese food I have ever tasted. You must try the Chicken Rocket, a spiced chicken donair with cheese. It is quite tastey and has a little "kick" to it. It made my head sweat (in a good way). They can make it more mild or those who are less adventurous. On Saturday, the specials are pies. They are the size of personal pizzas. They make 4 different types: meat, cheese, zaatar (thyme and other herbs), and they have the WOW pie, which is a pie version of the chicken rocket...and one of my all time favourites. I highly recommend that one.

The place is small (about 7 tables) but cozy. Very laid-back atmosphere and very reasonably priced. I LOVE THIS PLACE.

4  Thank thickpolishguy