“Amazing sushi!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We ordered in from sushi town and picked up our meal. The pick up was very fast and our food was ready immediately! Their edemame, spicy tuna and udon soup were amazing! I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 12 January 2012

I was there on a Wednesday and it was full with steady business. The pieces of sushi were generous in size (compared to Toronto) and was very melt in your mouth fresh. The price was also very fair. The waitresses were a little clumsy; they dropped multiple plates and came close to spraying me with sauce from one of them. The service was fast and I only had to wait a couple of minutes to be seated. Great place, I'd go again next time I'm in Burnaby.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

I can't say enough about this place... the food is fresh, flavourful, extremely affordable and the service is fantastic!

I lived down the street from the North Burnaby (Hastings) location and I would eat there regularly, often bringing other locals and visitors with me - who all LOVED the place. It is a small establishment and you often have to wait for a table, but the staff are organized, quick, efficient and professional. Of all the Sushi Town locations, the Hastings location is the best one, albeit not the nicest (as in decor) compared to the other two locations. It is however, the best for service, food quality and flavour.

Please note however, parking is challenging as there is no parking at this establishment - you must find parking on Hastings or the side streets.

I have since moved back East but I miss this place - and have used its quality of Sushi as a benchmark for all others ... so far, none have compared. I return to Sushi town everytime I am back in Vancouver. If you are a sushi lover, it is a MUST during your travels to Vancouver.

Reviewed 29 January 2010

I've been eating at Sushi Town for 4 years and I continue to go back because of how amazing the food is.

They have recently renovated the restaurant, while still quite simple is MUCH better than it used to be. If you're looking for ambience don't go here. It's usually packed and quite loud, but at the same time it's fun! The service can be slow and yes, on occassion they may forget to bring you something you ordered. I write down my order and read it off to them. Then as items arrive I check them off my list. This guarentees I get what I ordered! Some staff are better than others, and if you go more than once, you'll quickly learn who to order from, if you can manage it. I have my favourite server, but becuase they don't wear name tags, I don't know her name. She is the shortest server and wears thick rimmed black glasses.

The food is fabulous. The portion sizes are the largest I've seen. I have never experienced sashimi that big at the price Sushi Town offers. If you're looking to feast on sushi without breaking the bank this is where you should go! My husband and I eat here frequently and never spend more then $35 and we usually take food home. even with guests (4 adults) we spend about $40-$45 maximum and we all leave stuffed!

The wait can be annoying, but is well worth it. Try to go during the week around 5:30pm and you shouldn't have to wait for a table. Also larger groups are always harder to accomedate. They also offer discounts if you prder pick up 1-2 hours ahead of time, so that is also a great option. They have also recently opened locations in Port Moody and North Vancouver, neither of which I've tried, but I"m glad they opened these other locations.

1  Thank DancingAnn
Reviewed 20 December 2009

I am Japanse, I have eaten sushi since i was very very young.
But Sushi Town's sushi is very great and good price compare to sushi in Japan!
all sushies are very teasty and the qualities are pretty high.
you will be suprise how cheep it is when you look at the big piece of sashimi.
eace piece of sushi is pretty big!!!!!
better you go early time. the place is too popular too crowd