“Great dim sum!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Maywood
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Went here for dim sum, there's lots of selection and the food was very hot and fresh. One of the bes dim sum places I have tried. The service can be a bit slow so give yourself time. Also, I suggest making a reservation but even when you do that be prepared to wait an additional 15+ minutes. If you don't make a reservation be prepared to wait 40 minutes or more. It's very busy!

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Was introduced to this Dim Sum restaurant by a friend many years ago, made a trip to Vancouver recently and was glad it is still around. The dish I will return for is the Har Kow. Excellent and huge portion. The other dim sum are good enough and the atmosphere feels very Hongkong like.

If you go on a weekend, beware that the waiting time is long.. Usually we will take a number and go shopping. The lady will advise you of the estimated waiting time. Don't be late thou, the servers are not the friendliest.

The chilli sauce for the dim sum is excellent.

Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Fortune House has a large and diverse menu with a huge variety of options. Some of the dishes were very authentic while others were westernized. The portions were generous. I was with one other person. We each had soup and got 2 entrees to share and had enough leftovers for dinner the next day. The staff were friendly and the service was quick. The one annoying thing was that they brought the food out as it was ready, so the soup and one entree all came at once. Also, I recommend asking questions if there are foods you want to avoid. I don't eat beef and I ordered shrimp wonton soup. To my surprise, there was steak in it. Other than that, dinner was great.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

It's located conveniently for shoppers, above bus loop and Skytrain nearby, in Metrotown. It's one of the spots for Chinese to enjoy special dinner and dim-sum. For dinner, there were several dishes we ordered mismatched from menu to the food served (either wrong tastes or wrong title). For $19, only 6 not even large(claimed Jumbo) prawns dished out on the plate. Many problems to name here, wish they can seriously review menus with their chefs to correct these problems or losing customers.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

This is a Must visit place whenever I am back in Vancouver.
The Service was nothing to shout about (They deliver your food promptly & that it) but the food was good.

We had chinese Tea for 2 of us, Steam Siu Mai, Shark's Fin Dumpling (1 bowl), Steam Fish Paste Rice Roll, Steam Pork & shrimp Dumpling with Dou Miao, fried shrimp Beancurd Roll & Sauteed Turnip Cake in XO sauce - All were delicious & were what we usually order. They provided takeAway Box for the Sauteed Turnip cake & Fish Paste Rice Roll that we cannot finished (still good after microwave).
Amazingly this was not even more than CA$41.00 (Excl. Tax or tips).

All food serving were big portion & if you compare this with the portion & Quality here in Singapore, I still prefer Fortune House in Vancouver......

1  Thank Me^Only