“Very nice but problems with access southbound on 264th.”

Best Western Plus Country Meadows Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aldergrove
Athabasca, Canada
“Very nice but problems with access southbound on 264th.”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Stayed here for one night. Staff was very helpful and considerate and cheerfully provided a 'no cost upgrade' when asked. Room was large and comfortable. Breakfast was good with plenty of choices. Hotel not busy when we were there mid February. Did not access pool. Price was decent. Only complaint is that hotel is difficult to access southbound off 264th in heavy traffic times and it has only one entrance. Tried to book with Expedia and although hotel was listed with a great rate was unable to book through Expedia. Front desk confirmed that they were having problems with Expedia website but did not offer to reduce rate to Expedia rate.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
diamond h, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Country Meadows Inn, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Good day!

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. Your valuable feedback is appreciated as it allows us to continually improve our guests' experience.

I have to agree with you, the entrance off 264th can be somewhat tricky during heavy traffic. We're currently investigating the possibility of having a dedicated turn lane created. With any luck the municipality will be able to create a much easier access for our guests. I am also pleased to report that all issues with Expedia have been resolved and guests may now book with them. Unfortunately due to contractual issues with Expedia we are unable to match their rate.

Again I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding our staff and property and equally for your your other feedback. I hope you'll come see us again if you're in the Aldergrove area. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have and I would be happy to assist you.

Cody Torgerson
Front Office Manager
Best Western PLUS Country Meadows

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Armstrong, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2012

staff was very friendly and provided quick service. hotel was quite full so we ended up with a small suite whcih we really did not need. made the price a bit high. beds were very comfy. complimentary breakfast was very good even though it was quite busy

Room Tip: avoid bottom floor roms to avoid early morning cars starting up
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bullpasture5555
diamond h, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Country Meadows Inn, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our property. We endeavour to provide excellent customer service to all our guests. By telling us what you liked and didn't like about your stay, it enables us to continually improve guest satisfaction. Please don't hesitate to contact me if there's anything I can do to help.
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Upon entering our room, surprised to see a kitchenette, nice. Opened the fridge to turn on and put food in, and was hit by an overwhelming stench of dead fish, and soon the whole room stunk. Asked front desk to change the fridge and they said they would see what they could do. Went out for an hour, came back, and nothing had been done. Asked front desk what happened, and they said they had no spare fridges. I asked them to swap the fridge with another room, they said they couldn't do that, but they could get us to switch rooms. No offer to help move our stuff, and worst of all, too lazy to do anything else. They treated us as if WE were the problem, and not their stinking dead fish fridge. LAZY LAZY LAZY! Never stay here again!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere, lazy front desk 'help'
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
diamond h, General Manager at Best Western Plus Country Meadows Inn, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Thank you for completing a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service. You can reach me directly at 604-856-9880 or 1-800-834-0833.

Diamond Hassanali
Operations Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Country Meadows Inn
West Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I wanted to thank Jaz and his team for the great experience while we stayed with our hockey team for a tournament. They were welcoming, hospitable, friendly and supportive during our teams stay . We would highly recoimmend this hotel, especially if travelling with sports teams! thanks again for a great experience! Westside minor hockey Team West kelowna BC

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Nice recently renovated hotel, my favorite was the nice hot tub and heated pool area. Especially after skiing or snowboarding which we did all within a couple hrs away. Great rooms with comfortable beds, a complimentary breakfast with many options, and a good value, especially if you book the web only deals through their own website (not hotels.com or something).

We had family in Aldergrove, but if you are wanting to stay away from the busyness of Vancouver, only an hour away from the airport on 99, near Langley or Abottsford then I could see if being a great location as well. Only 1 hr or so from Hope, 2-2.5 hrs to Manning Park, or Mt Baker depending on conditions to the East. To the West only 1 hr to Vancouver, and 2.5 hrs to Whistler.

Room Tip: One for families, 2 couples got the executive suite on the hotel's website for cheaper per coupl...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I just stayed at this motel for 4 nights and was terribly disappointed. If you decide to stay there make sure you call the front desk and ask them if they are still remodeling. I usually book online through tripadvisor but this time I was traveling with a friend who called the motel and booked directly through the front desk. They charged us top dollar (30% more than online) and did not disclose that they are in the process of a major construction process creating a new entryway. The parking area (which they charge $3/night for) is full of construction materials. There is a very small make-shift entry that is not big enough for 2 people coming in and out to get by each other (much less cart your luggage through). The internet is not functioning. I came back from a dog show I was exhibiting at, after being gone from my room for 8 hours and my room had not been attended to. When I spoke to the manager, Ven, he offered to lower my room rate $10/night and said that construction was behind schedule and they were understaffed in housecleaning staff. I explained to him that given the number of days I was staying that wasn't enough and said that I felt that he had been deceptive in not disclosing when the room was booked that they were in the middle of construction AND that they were charging top dollar for their rooms when they weren't providing the services expected. I also said that he should have back-up staff available so the customer does not have to be aware of his staffing problems. The housecleaning staff seemed overwhelmed and were not able to do a thorough job. When I reached behind the bedside table to plug in my cell phone I discovered a plastic cup stuck between the wall and the table. There were many more customers also complaining at the front desk. I have stayed at this motel in the past and have been very pleased, but, as a result of my 4 night Halloween visit I've been scared off from visiting this house of horrors again.

Room Tip: Elevator is not functioning so request room on main floor. Look at your room before you take your lu...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Fawkesfire
Calgary
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Stayed there for 2 nights and for the price, it was a very nice Inn. The room we got had a kitchenette in it with 2 queen beds. Very roomy and up-to-date. The hotel was going thru a complete exterior reno and some interior so it was "slighty" inconvenient but will look much nicer when completed. Lots of restaurants/bars/shopping very nearby with a White Spot attached to the Inn so food and entertainment aren't an issue.

The FREE hot breakfast was very good the first morning in the regular breakfast room but it had been reserved for another function for the next 2 days. As a result, the breakfast was held in a "converted" room for the next day or two. The meal then was basically your cold Continental breakfast; not as tasty but sufficed.

The beds were "a little hard" (for me) but comfy and you can control the heat/AC yourself for your own temperature needs, so that was nice.

All the staff we met were helpful and cheerful; from the front desk to the cleaning ladies and those in the breakfast room. All in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone for a clean, restful, comfy place to stay.

Room Tip: Pick what you like for your needs. Three other families stayed there with us and none were disappoin...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank snorkelmore
best9880, General Manager at Best Western Plus Country Meadows Inn, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN PLUS Country Meadows for your accomodations. We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward welcoming you again.

Regards

Ven Srinivasan, CHA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aldergrove
Best Western Plus Langley Inn
Travelodge Langley City
Travelodge Langley City
#5 of 11 in Langley City
Best Western Plus Regency Inn & Conference Centre

Been to Best Western Plus Country Meadows Inn? Share your experiences!