Best Western Strathmore Inn
US$86
US$82
Wheat Land Hotel(Strathmore)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$58
US$106
US$103
US$91
US$110
US$93
US$63
Days Inn - Calgary Airport(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$86
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanwithin walking distanceeasy accesswafflestrans canadaquiet hotelfrench doorscontinental breakfastplace to stayfront desk clerkstaff were excellentking bedpleasant surprisetoastwaffle makernice breakfastparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Room and beds were good. Pool area was good. That's about where the good ends. We carried four heavy suitcases to the front desk to check in. There is no elevator. I know there are rooms that you don't have to use stairs to access, it would have been nice of them to inform us of how to get to our room without using the stairs. Basically summed up the front desk staff for us. Barely acknowledged my Platinum status. Just cold, no smiles, no personality here. The water pressure was terrible. I would definitely check elsewhere before returning here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank afaster68
Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

Just need a clean place to stay? If you don't mind the high price here the it's good. Free (cold) breakfast- good coffee. Hot tub is tiny and not very hot - didnt try the pool. Ask for a room with access to parking. Several restaurants to choose from within walking distance. Oh yes, smokers in adjacent rooms so you do small cigarette smoke.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Best Western Strathmore is conveniently located on a service road adjacent to the Trans Canada. It is a great stopover spot that is conveniently close to Calgary without being in the midst of it. It also has some of the rudest and most indifferent desk staff I have ever encountered.

My exceptionally clean room was a king suite that included a fridge, microwave, jetted tub and gas fireplace. There was also a sitting area and a dining area with table and four chairs. Decor is a combination of earth tones. The HVAC is a forced air combination heating/ac unit that is controlled from a wall thermostat. The windows have blackout panels that nicely darken the room even during the day. It was a very quiet room. The king bed was plush but supportive.

Parking and breakfast are free and the rooms are reasonably priced. The breakfast was mostly starchy items. The only hot item aside from beverages was do it yourself waffles. Good presentation but limited appeal.

The check in staff were friendly and helpful, and they gave me a great tip for circling Calgary to get to Banff rather than driving plumb through the middle of it. The check out staff on the other hand were the WORST that I have ever encountered in all my years of travel, indifferent to the point of rudeness. I said good morning and the clerk looked at me and said “if you say so” as though I’d just sworn at him. Never again. I can forgive a lot but not a hotel clerk laying that sort of attitude on me at 6:30 AM when I have a 700km drive ahead of me.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Elliott T
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We chose this hotel because of proximity to relatives in rural Alberta.
We were pleased to have an older gentleman in good humor at the desk to greet us when we pulled in at 2:00am. A sleep and up to the spartan but adequate breakfast with cereal, toast & cheese whizz, , hard boiled eggs - just the basics for a healthy start and Good Coffee.
Pool was a good workout for the grandkids at the end of a day of visiting.
Pet friendly for our quiet pooch.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2012

When we arrived the beds where not made all the way.pillows where on the floor and it generally liked sloppy. In the morning we had almost no hot water and basically had cold showers the rooms where dated.not somewhere I would plan to stay again

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Hello Green Giant,
Thanks for your valuable feedback. I'm sorry to hear you did not have a great stay. Have you discussed any of those issues with the front desk during your stay? I think I know what happened in regards to the pillows being all over the place. We had our semi-annual inspection a couple days prior to your check-in and it sounds your room was one that got inspected and then never re-finished. I certainly do apologize for that! We will further investigate the hot water issue. The hotel has just recently upgraded its hot water supply and I'm under the understanding that we should have apple of hot water. This is obviously very important for guest satisfaction and we all agree that its not a good way to start the day. The hotel has finished some extensive renovation late last year. The room decor, art work and furniture all got selected by brand designers.