“Pleasant stay”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Strathmore
Newmarket, Canada
“Pleasant stay”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed overnight on way back from Drumheller. Hotel is clean and staff was excellent. Breakfast was the usual fare found at a Best Western - cereal, toast, waffles etc. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The hotel exterior could use some work.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Clean comfortable room. Beds are comfortable. Pillows are soft and plenty!! Hallways are clean and free of odour. Pool area immaculate Good breakfast buffet. Close to Calgary,quiet and well maintained. Staff is courteous and efficient

Stayed July 2014
Wetaskiwin
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at the Best Western at Strathmore July 18 to 20th along with our Girls softball club. A very comfortable and relaxing stay, had a great breakfast each day and many amenities within walking distance. The rooms are clean, well kept and nicely maintained. The young lad at the front desk worked hard all weekend and deserves recognition for a job well done.
The only complaint I would mention is the Hotel Chain is promoting a free room if you stay 3 times between June and September. Our Ball Club stayed at the Port-a-Call in Calgary in June, (15 rooms) Strathmore this month (15 rooms) and now my wife and I booked the Best Western Inn and Suites in Red Deer for August 1st to third and have been advised we don't qualify for the additional night. We registered for the program when we were in Calgary and now have been shut out of the promotion. So now we have cancelled the room totally and are very disappointed with the situation.

Room Tip: There is no Elevator so should try to reserve the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I booked my work schedule not realizing that the stampede was on and decided to stay outside of Calgary. Due to where I was working I booked in Strathmore AB and this gave me a 35-40 minute commute without much traffic. The hotel was very good. Good breakfast, a pool that looked like fun and a fitness centre that served my needs. I will be staying here again when I come back into Calgary.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Firstly..the staff are excellent and the rooms are clean. Bad part....you can hear the adjoining rooms as if there were no walls seperating you from each other, plugs don't work in the tubs and the breakfast choice is lacking. If you like pancakes, toast, yoghurt, boiled egg and watered down orange juice then this is the place for you. The toaster is from the local stores and so slow. There is not enough seating area and people were having to share tables. There is also a line up of people waiting to get breakfast. One guy only working the front desk and having to cover the breakfast room. I have stayed in top name hotels for the same money and they are far better value. At least in those you can get a full breakfast.

Room Tip: Stay in your vehicle for another 35 mins and stay in Calgary.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VFR1200V4
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel is easy to get to, check in was quick and courteous. The room was simply acquainted and clean.
The bed was comfortable but not a queen bed as booked, 54" wide is a double bed in my books. The room was quiet and comfortable. The pool was clean, salt chlorine was easy on the eyes. Hot tub was very hot, at least 104 F.
Breakfast was simple and adequate. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I were travelling from Stettler on our way to Strathmore, Alberta. Best Western is very reasonable, clean and a great location. Friendly staff. Breakfast is from 5 am to 9am yet in the book in our room it said 6 am to 10 am, so when I went to the kitchen at 9:45 am, everything was put away, so I went to the front desk to ask about breakfast, the gentlemen told me the hours and when I told him that is not what it says in the binder in our room, he said oh I guess we need to update those binders so he went into the kitchen and offered me muffins and danishes and offered me other items as well. He showed great customer service, sorry did not get his name but he had an accent. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: Comfy beds and very clean and friendly staff and great rates for us seniors. Will be back next year...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strathmore
Days Inn & Suites Strathmore
#4 of 5 in Strathmore
Rocking R Guest Ranch
Rocking R Guest Ranch
#1 of 4 in Strathmore

Been to Best Western Strathmore Inn? Share your experiences!