“AWESOME RESORT”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Strathmore
Eagle Lake RV Resort
Calgary, Canada
“AWESOME RESORT”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We started with a week holiday and ended up staying for more than four month and have now taken a site seasonally. It is one of the best family friendly RV resorts we have found. The staff is extremely helpful...even get you back into your trailer when you lock yourself out. The sites have loads of room, all slides go out with enough room to park a couple of vehicles and still have plenty left over for the dog and grandkids to play. Tons of activities for the kids from feeding the animals to tractor rides, play areas with swings and slides, to swimming, biking, horseshoes. chess, and lots of green space for the remote controls. Can't say enough about how pleased we were with our summer.

Barb L

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Barb L
BaldwinAtEagleLake, Owner at Eagle Lake RV Resort, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Hi Barb,
Thanks so much for your enthusiastic review! We loved having you here. We especially like the sound of children laughing and enjoying themselves. At the end of the day, if parents and grandparents can relax, knowing their kids are sleeping tight after playing all day with their new friends, we think we have met some of our most important goals.
Can't wait to see you next summer.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Prince Albert, Canada
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed here for one night and thank goodness it was only one! The lake is more o a green swamp than a lake. The staff was unfriendly and we had to tell one staff member to leave us alone. They charged us a $10 reservation fee even though we called about an hour before we got there. Save your money and find a walmart parking lot. It would be more pleasant and private. We were camping in a field.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank bgoode11
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you were unhappy.
You have brought up several issues, which I am happy to address for you. I don't want it so sound as though I am being defensive so if you have time to share what you think might work better I would be happy to listen.
We want to be transparent with our booking policies which is why we explain our reservation and cancellation policies and quote a price before taking a credit card number and processing the payment. We would love to hold sites on trust but have turned away drop-in guests then been left with empty sites too many times when promised by people that were close by that they would definitely be there.
We are a prairie park. We are well-treed for our area, but certainly not forested. We try to convey this by having a picture on the home page of our website as well as by using the above description when asked.
And the lake, yes, it can get algae a lot of years, as it is unpredictable we have learnt to state the algae level when people are booking. We also reference it on the home page of our website. We carry current lake conditions on our voicemail and Facebook as well.
If you could email me the name or even the description of the staff member that was a hanging around too much, I will look into it for you. We start our hiring process in February most years so definitely want to eliminate any problematic employees. Our email address is info@eaglelakeRVresort.com
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip.
Leslie

Travellers are raving about these Strathmore hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We camped here August long weekend. A group of us went and we all thouroughly enjoyed every minute there. We went out a few nights before to pick our site and Ty was a great help. We had the perfect site and he explained everything that the campground had to offer - so much to do here!
The lake wasn't great for swimming but we still went boating and had a blast. I have never seen bathrooms that clean before either....keep up the great work.
We will definately go back!!
Julie and David

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Julie S
Hi Julie,
Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed your visit. We are glad you and your friends had fun.
As you mentioned, sometimes the lake isn't the best for swimming, (May and June are usually optimal) that is why we concentrate on providing lots of things to do in the park, most of them free. That we have control over, the lake is run by Mother Nature and she doesn't always listen to us.
We work very hard to make sure the bathrooms are clean. No-one likes doing it, but we sure love the compliments. I'll be sure to let the staff know it really does matter to be in there as often as we are.
We look forward to seeing you in 2013.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We held a seasonal site at Eagle Lake for 8 seasons. We made many great friends with the seasonal campers and the workers. The staff is always friendly and helpful. One of the best memories is that everyone helps everyone no matter how big or small the project is. The campsites are nice and the openess was great with our little kids so we could see them wander around the park and the petting farm. Very quiet at night. The fishing has been great for Walleye and Pike.
We left our seasonal site to do more travelling with our kids before they out grow us. This is our first season away from Eagle Lake and have already been back three times this year as a weekend camper!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Wade H
Thanks Wade.
It's great to hear from you. I hope you and your lovely family are enjoying your travels. Thanks too for the great fishing picture! We look forward to seeing you next year.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2012

we paid almost 600.00 for 7 days of camping in there trailer they have for rent, To witch i should of had hot water the whole time i was there, we did not not even one day I went to the office and complained about this nothing was done,then the toilet over flowed all over the floor and we went to the office again, it took them till the next day in the mid afternoon to come fix it i had 4 kids with me and in the night we had to leave the trailer that we paid for to go to the bathroom,
they then sent in a woman with a mop to clean up the mess from the toilet,she came in with a mop to clean carpet ,, to me this was very strange i have never cleaned carpet in my house with a mop,,, for the rest of our vaction the trailer smelled like an out house,
when we first checked in i had to boil water to wash all the dishes that were not clean,
the staff were rude,, when i went to them about not having hot water or any other problem i had out there,, We also asked the staff if there were leeches in the water they told us no and the kids came out with them all over there bodys.
The hole reason i spent so much money on this trailer was to have a relaxing week with 4 kids not a hand full of stress i coulda done that at home for free!!!!!!!!!!
We will never be back to this resort EVER AGAIN VERY UNHAPPY!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jackie D
Hello Jackie,
I am sorry that you did not get an orientation on how to enjoy your vacation in an RV. Camping is much different than staying in a hotel or motel. When we have repeat guests booking, we do not schedule teaching time with them. If they give away their booking to someone, (as is what happened in your case) we don't know that you need this vital time. We did our best to take care of you when you told us that you were having problems, and as these problems did not come up in stays later in the season, (we checked the unit over, tested it, then specifically asked later guests-just to be sure) it leads us to believe that your challenges were an overuse issue. RVs have smaller tanks for hot water and toilet water than homes. I cannot comment on the dishes as this was not brought to our attention at the time so have no basis for answering.
As to leeches in the water, we answer environment-based questions to the best of our current knowledge. In the previous 20 summers that I have been here, there have been no real problems with leeches, so there was no reason to believe there would be for your stay either. It is a lake though, so each year can be different, we do our best to monitor the information coming our way.
I hope that these comments address your concerns.
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for the August long weekend. A young man working there said there wasn't a full service available, only un serviced, then said he could put us in a 15 amp seasonal spot for the weekend. Great, right?! We get there to find out there is no sewer and we weren't told, so that was our first disappointment.

It's a communal hookup spot. You better hope you have long cords to reach several feet away. My hubby did the power water hookup as I went about and set up other stuff. We didn't have a neighbour for the first 2 days and when they pulled in, I guess they had paid for 30 amp and we were using it. (bad communication on our part because I obviously didn't tell my husband and really, who would think there would be two different ones at the communal post.

So the office came to us and said we owe more money. We offered to pay for the two nights that we had used, and change power outlets because it was a mistake, but she said no, we already gave them a credit, so you have to pay. Personally, I think that is wrong, but who am I? (a person who thinks they could improve communication!)

The location is ok, the sunsets are beautiful, there are a ton of birds, which are nice but we had a lot of poop on the awning, so be prepared to clean! The washroom is small, but fairly clean, the lake has leeches and I wouldn't let my dog swim in it (or kids). If the campground cleaned up their junk lying around (old cars, boats, scrap junk) they could certainly improve the appearance. If they had more than one dump station that would speed up process for people waiting.

We tried it, but definetly wont go back and will not be recommending it to our friends.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank 4frank
Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that you weren't happy. It sounds like there were a couple of places where communication fell apart. I'd like to share what we are doing to make it better.
The original section of the park does have an older style layout, which is why we use it mainly for stays by the week or the month. However, rather than keep someone in an unserviced stall when they could be having some kind of power, we do move people there when we have a last minute opening. I am sorry that that didn't work out for you as well as you had hoped. With the older style of lay-out, decisions sometimes have to be made and when someone is plugged into the wrong amperage, staff have to do their best to keep both sets of campers happy. This means there are days when we can't take care of everyone exactly the way they want to be taken care of unfortunately. When you were upgraded to a 15 amp site in our long-term section, you should have been accompanied by our staff. We usually have one of them walk over with you to make sure you find the right plug-in and to get you one of our loaner cords if you cannot reach with yours. I stressed to staff that this is mandatory and not an optional service that campers can say no to. (I don't know if you were offered this service, I just want you to know that we have increased the emphasis on it being provided.)
As we do not have any sites with sewer, I reminded staff to elaborate when people ask for "full-hook-up" to respond with "none of our sites have sewer hook-ups".
You are right about the junky cars etc. We used to take a variety of items into our storage area, some of which have been abandoned. It is a lengthy process to get them removed. We have finally made some headway in that department and have also moved our storage area so that new items are less obvious.
A second dump station would definitely be nice, due to the very high cost of doing this though, it is not in the plans for the near future.
The lake is a natural environment and we have no control over it. Most years we have no reports of leeches, but some years we may have some. They do make good food for the fish, so anglers seem to appreciate the large walleye and pike they pull out of here.
We are glad you liked the sunsets. We can't take any credit for them, but we like them too.
Please email me (Leslie) at info@eaglelakeRVresort.com to talk about what we can do to win you back.
Thanks for taking the time to help us improve. :-)
Calgary
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Poor staff knowledge, rude and inconsiderate as they ruin a family gathering. Can not even book several sites together even tho we booked in May. Even tho it was there error they will probably charge us for cancellation.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kent W
EagleLakeRVResort, Owner at Eagle Lake RV Resort, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Hi Kent,

We are sorry that you were not happy with your experience booking with us. If you could please forward the details to me, I will look into it personally and get back to you regarding this.
Our email address is info@eaglelakeRVresort.com. Please mark it attention Leslie, Regarding TripAdvisor/Poor Booking so I can spot it as soon as you send it.
Thank you for bringing this problem to my attention.

owner/operator