“Going out for Chinese, we changed our minds and are glad we did!!”
Review of Oriental Grill

Oriental Grill
Ranked #3 of 41 Restaurants in Strathmore
Cuisines: Vietnamese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Open Monday-Saturday 11Am-8Pm Sunday 12PM-8PM
Alberta
“Going out for Chinese, we changed our minds and are glad we did!!”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

As my son is packing up to move to Edmonton for work I decided we should go out for supper as he will be leaving tomorrow. Our normal practice would to find a buffet and go enjoy some Chinese food and then wonder why we ate so much?
As I Googled Strathmore Alberta for a buffet other than the restaurant on the highway (that's a whole different type of review!) this "Oriental Grill" comes up showing 4.5 stars on Tripadvisor? I have not heard of this, all participants, my wife and 2 sons 18 and 20 were game for a different experience..........wow!
Sort of blended out by the GasPlus station on the corner. You have to look for it, diagonally across from MCD's.
Not a large place by any means, quaint I guess, excellent service, very clean, nice people but let me tell you the food speaks for itself.......the flavor, the freshness, and the variety will get you.
We each had a different item from the menu and we all enjoyed the Lemon Grass Chicken as our appetizer. Each of us are totally impressed and we will be going back again.
Price versus quality/quantity is better than and buffet, the 4 of us including my pop and GST was under $60.00 and yes we were comfortably full.
I noticed the hours on the door as closing at 8:00 PM.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank dcwithwc

Calgary, Canada
“Excellent worth the drive in from Calgary”
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

We have eaten at the Oriantal Grill several times times since we found it last year. The food is vey fresh and in my option it is the best vietnamese food we have every eaten. The staff is very friendly. We took our oldest kids for lunch now they even drive out because it that good. Honestly it is worth the drive terrific! We were disappointed we went last Sunday it was closed; Not open on Sundays.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank SHADOW1968
Standard, Canada
“Great food for great Price. You won't be disappointed”
Reviewed 17 December 2012

If you are looking for something different, quick, and economical this is the place. I am a fan of PHO and my husband the V7 can never go wrong. Love the salad wraps as well. Staff is always very pleasant, food is always good, and price is great. This is a gem in this town.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Bbbbbbbbbbeeeeeee
Calgary, Canada
“Great Food Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Great food from the orient here. All the vietmanese fav's. Uses only fresh ingrediants that he buys everyday. Food is to die for. Friendly staff

Visited August 2012