“Great Experience !!!!”

Clive's
Cuisines: Canadian
“Great Experience !!!!”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I was out in Strathmore visiting a friend and we decided to try out this new Restaurant Clive's for breakfast. The staff were really nice, and there pancakes are huge!!!!!! NO way i was ever going to finish it. Really impressed that they weren't stingy on portion sizes

• Visited May 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Baby Steps ..... Getting Better”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Happy to say the old owners are out and the new ones are in. The menu is a lot shorter. Fries are still the best thing about the place.

I must say that as a general rule you wont remeber the mistakes as much as you remember how they are dealt with.

We went back to give it a second try and I must say that the food came out a lot faster and it was hot this time. The order was wrong again. We were shorted some food, I mentioned it to the waitress and while she took it off the bill her response was that she noticed that it was short of items ordered but she wanted to get ti out. Makes me think if I hadnt noticed if I would have been charged and if she noticed a mistake why let it go through?

I guess Im going to give the benefit of the doubt and just say that they are slowly getting better.

Give them a try

• Visited January 2013
strathmore
“Burger”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Loaded burger and fries, pricey but well worth it. Big with lots of seating, will do well with happy staff.

Visited October 2012
Calgary, Canada
“Go Here is you have 3 Hours plus”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The fries are the best thing to say about these guys. The service sucks. The staff cant get an oder correct or should I say the cooking staff cant get ti right. You may order one thing but something different may come out. Your order may have extra food but our experience was that it had less than what was ordered. The food doesnt come out at the same time but comes out at different time and was usually cold.

Takes forever to get your food too. Its so bad here its almost funny. Located in the old Smitty's location. Dont waste your time here go to any other place in town for better service. The Esso next door would have better food and faster.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Gibber1968
Strathmore, Canada
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Service was terrible. Had to get up and take items from the other tables many time throughout breakfast. Pancakes were so cold that the butter would not even melt on them. Strawberries that we're ordered with the pancakes had just been microwaved and tasted like plastic. I won't be stopping there any time soon. For a chain that advertises fresh local ingredients, we expected fresh stawberrys, not sugar syrup heated up.

• Visited March 2012