“Nice hotel”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Strathmore
Reviewed 15 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Jane P, Manager at Travelodge Strathmore, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Strathmore

Reviewed 14 July 2014

love this hotel....like a home away from home! My husband and I travel quite a lot..we've stayed at this hotel several times.. the facilities are very clean, which is a must for me.. the breakfast is great, so much better than many hotels of this star rating..the beds are soooooo comfortable,the staff are great , always very helpful...I like to have a cup of tea in the evening and usually there is only cream out at night...they very quickly get me milk for my tea....great to have a piece of pie too! will stay again next time we are in Strathmore. oh and we love the big TV!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy M

Thank you very much for taking the time to fill in the survey and for your very kind words. It is always a pleasure to hear from return guests. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our room was big, comfy and quiet. Seemed to be clean and fresh, the cleaning staff were polite and friendly.
We had noisy neighbours, however the night staff took care of it immediately after we unfortunately had to complain to get some sleep.
The breakfast buffet was sufficient, but the coffee was not very good at all! Starbucks was only a ten minute walk away....thankfully! Only other minor complaint was the waterslide, the water pressure was too high and made it scary and maybe a little dangerous rather than fun for smaller children. I was also a little concerned to hear that during the floods and during winter storms that this hotel puts it's rates up sky-high. I feel this is not fair to take advantage of people when in need. Similar to shops jacking up prices of bottled water/ice etc. during the floods last year in Calgary. Thanks for listening!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Jane P, Manager at Travelodge Strathmore, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review all guest comments are important to us. Glad to hear that the desk staff were able to quieten down your noisey neighbours, So sorry about the coffee glad there was somewhere close to get a decent one.
With regards to your other comments regarding our rates it is our policy to give discounts to those in need. we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Odd my first review of this place went poof, but here goes try #2...

First off, the room was decent, nothing spectacular. The exercise room is tiny but the pool, slide, and hot tub all were in tip top shape.

The staff is friendly and breakfast was a touch above average.

Big complaint of this place is the internet access. Highly limited and staff really weren't interested in trying to take note of the problem or investigate as to why it was not working properly. I had a room near the edge of the hotel while I could get a wifi signal, the log in screen wouldn't work. If I went to the lobby, I could get it to work but it was pretty annoying walking from my room to the lobby for internet.

I would recommend this place for a one night stay but I'm sure you could do better for a two or more night stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jane P, Manager at Travelodge Strathmore, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Sorry to hear you encountered problems with the internet. Comments are very important to us and we will look into the internet connections. thank you for taking the time to fill in the survey and write a review.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I needed a place between my daughter's grad ceremony and dance, where she could get ready with her friends, and then come back and celebrate with them and their families. We leave out of town and didn't have time to drive back and forth. I called the hotel, explained what I needed and they set us up in the PERFECT room. lots of space for us to celebrate in, a big boardroom table for food and drinks and a pool for the small kids to swim in. Really nice hotel, great breakfast and fit our needs exactly. I really appreciated the service in setting this all up. Plus the bed was one of the most comfy we have slept in for a hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you so much for your very favourable words. So glad everything turned out so well for you.
regards
jane

Also consider these accommodations in or near Strathmore
Days Inn & Suites Strathmore
#4 of 5 in Strathmore
Rocking R Guest Ranch
Rocking R Guest Ranch
#1 of 4 in Strathmore

Been to Travelodge Strathmore? Share your experiences!