“country wedding and retreat”

Rocking R Guest Ranch
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Terri and Marv are consistently great hosts. This was a return stay and will not be our last. The place is beautiful and we watched as the horses and wedding carriage trotted down the drive. I have heard they are starting to hosting weddings andI believe it is the ideal spot for it.With Terri's eye for detail and awesome cooking skill combine with the scenic beauty of the ranch a couple would do well to check it out.

Room Tip: we like the two bedroom . The cabin has a perfect view of the pasture,horses and the lake sunrise an...

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I surprised my husband with a weekend get away, without our kids, over Thanksgiving weekend 2013. We had no expectations, except to relax and enjoy each others company. We did just that. However, we were blown away with everything about the Rocking R Guest Ranch. The cabin was comfy and cozy. We had the fire going from the time we got up until bed time. We enjoyed our time in the hot tub, and used it quite a few times over the course of the weekend.
The massages, which were done in our cabin, were amazing! Couldn't have asked for a better massage therapist or more magical hands.
The scenery was amazing. We definitely picked a good time of year to go with all the leaves falling.
Our hostess, Terri, was wonderful. She gave us apples to feed the horses, brought the most wonderful home cooked breakfasts, and even some home made pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving dessert.
We have already handed out all the information packages we were given, and are planning our next trip to the Rocking R Guest Ranch.

Room Tip: Either cabin would be perfect. The view is of the lake and the horses.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I spent two nights at the Rocking R Guest Ranch and will definitely be back. My cabin was so clean and filled with little extras like popcorn and candy, real cream for my coffee, tea and coffee, brand new magazines and even videos. Not that I used them. I did use the hot tub, and went to pet the beautiful horses, then back to the cabin for a real fireplace. Breakfast was fresh fruit and perfectly made eggs bennie overlooking Eagle Lake.
I never wax poetic about holiday places but honestly, I will go back again....and again.
Go and support Terri and Marvin and their wonderful Ranch. I left relaxed and ready to face the world again.

Room Tip: Dinner in Langley was an added treat.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have to say I was just a bit reluctant to go to this weekend away not really knowing what to expect but our friend promised that the accomodations were spectacular and the service was great. Well I have to say I was absolutely thrilled with it all.The cabin was impeccable and Terri absolutely thought of everything you would need just in case. The view was incredible with horses just outside our door of our cabin. Terri even has a turn down service at night with the chocolates left on your pillow. Our breakfasts were cooked to perfection as well as she had some selections for me being gluten free. I am a real diva and very picky to say the least but I can't think of one thing I would have changed on our weekend away except to make it longer, much longer. Thanks Terri for a wonderful weekend and for your being so accommodating. Oh, I would definately recommend a massage..it was fabulous! See you soon Terri...can't wait to come back for more R&R.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 4 person cabin and had 2 of us stay in the house in an extra room in the basement...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband and I were given 2 nights at the Rocking R as a wedding gift. We had no idea just how lovely this gift was. The ranch has a beautiful view of Eagle lake with the mountains in the distance and wonderfully landscaped surroundings. A bonus was the 9 horses in the fenced pasture outside our door. Nothing could be more idyllic. Inside the "Bunk House" was a beautifully appointed 2 bedroom cottage with everything you could hope for - fireplace, well stocked kitchen, as many movies as you could possibly want for a rainy night and an amazing collection of games. If you aren't a rider, the Tyrell Museum is about an hour away, and the delightful Rosebud Theatre is about 30 minutes away. Terri is a fantastic cook and the breakfasts were enough to last you through supper. Our only regret is that we didn't have more time there.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

My husband and I visited Rocking R Guest Ranch recently for a relaxing getaway and could not have been more pleased (and relaxed)! From the breathtaking views, to the cozy cabin, the amazing food and exceptional hospitality, it was an Amazing place to visit.
We will definitely be back in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

What an unexpected surprise this place was ... hats off to our hosts Terri and Marv! This tranquil little spot is a short drive from Calgary and an even shorter drive to Strathmore but feels so far from all of the noise and chaos of everyday life. From the minute we entered our cozy but modern cabin we could want for nothing as every detail was covered, including soft robes, slippers, movies and even treats! Mornings started off with hot coffee and an absolutely delicious breakfast delivered right to our cabin. Afterwards, step outside to enjoy the sunshine, lake views and the beautiful horses feeding in the pasture. Prior to our stay, we had arranged through Terri to have massages in the cabin ... very convenient and relaxing. The evenings were just as enjoyable - watching an unobstructed sunset over the lake, roasting marshmallows at the fire pit and winding things down with a hot tub. I definitely recommend a stay at Rocking R just to get away from it all.