“Very Nice”

Pomeroy Inn & Suites at Olds College
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Olds
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We checked in at Pomeroy Olds for our daughter's birthday. The staff was very accommodating to our request to put in our little surprise for her. Breakfast was the best that we had so far for complimentary meals. Love the sofa bed for extra sleeping space as we have 3 kids. Very clean but the washroom is a bit too small, pillows way too big for my taste. Kids enjoyed the pool. Would love to stay there again or other Pomeroy Properties in other places.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Stephen D, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites at Olds College, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Mary Jane R,
Thank you very much for your great review, I love to read those ! I am so glad that you enjoyed our breakfast offering, we try hard to make a wonderful way to end your stay.
With regard to your pillows, yes they are big and puffy, but we do provide both a firm as well as a soft version on your bed, hopefully one of those might be nicer for you next time.
I hope the birthday went well, we'll always try to help out where we can !
If you'd like to try other Pomeroy properties, we have a number now as well as new ones on the way, try this out! www.pomeroyinnandsuites.com.
Once again, thank you for giving us such a good "pat on the back"
Stephen

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of our stay at the hotel. The rooms were lovely: quiet, very clean and well appointed and well organized. The fitness facility and the pool were also first rate, and the breakfasts were excellent. We will definitely stay at the Pomeroy at Olds College again. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Stephen D, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites at Olds College, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Calgary Piper,

Thank you !

I am really happy that you and your family had a great stay, loved the breakfast and then I see did the right thing and worked it off in the fitness room ! Very impressive.

I appreciate the review and am grateful for your time to do so.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Pomeroy very soon.

Many thanks, Stephen.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Beautiful hotel and facilities. The room was comfortable and quiet! Wonderful not hear folks in the next room.
Morning breakfast was excellent -- great choices of hot food and Gluten Free bread and muffins.

Will definately stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Stephen D, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites at Olds College, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear abwildrose63,

Thank you so very much for the wonderful review after your recent stay with us !

As I always say , we love to get this kind of feedback from guests, it makes everything even more worthwhile and is certainly a boost to everybody who works so hard here to deliver great service and a good night's sleep and a breakfast to remember!

I hope that means we'll see you back in the near future when you're in Olds.

Thank you , Stephen.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed in the family suite for over two months while our house was being renovated. The entire staff made our stay very enjoyable, and seeing how they interacted with my son daily made us even more comfortable staying there. They also accommodated every request we had.

About the only downside was how little the kitchens were stocked with in regards to cooking supplies. For example, no cookie sheets. I realize most people don't typically stay quite as long as we did, but it would have been nice to have a few other kitchen amenities.

And maybe one other issue would have been the fact that the pool isn't great for toddlers or smaller children. The shallow end is already 3ft+ deep, so you have to hang on to them at all times. I realize this is typical of most hotels, but still something that a family would consider before staying. Some sort of tot pool would have been great to have.

Other then that, we had a fantastic stay and I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

Thanks Pomeroy!

• Stayed: July 2014
Thank Jason & Michell... F
Stephen D, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites at Olds College, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Jason and Michel...F!

Thanks for the great review, it was indeed a pleasure to have you all with us, especially during such a 'challenging' time.

I hope you "new " home is a good as you remember and seeing as how you became almost part of our family, if at any time you want to come for a quick swim( despite the depth!) then please just let me know.

I am adding extra cookie trays into the rooms with kitchens as of today, so thanks for that. If ever you have to be with us or indeed any of the other Pomeroy hotels and you are short of something, please just ask. It can be arranged very quickly and very easily.

Thanks again, all the very best to you all.

Stephen,

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed for a wedding on the college grounds. This hotel was excellent. Great staff, amenities and would definately stay again. Most family members for the wedding also stayed there and not a complaint from anyone!!!!!

Room Tip: Third Floor was great!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Stephen D, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites at Olds College, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Saskcold,

Firstly many many thanks for the kind review, i am very happy that you all had a superb weekend of celebrations with your family at the wedding.

I am glad that we were able to look after you all and that the whole event turned out to be such a great one.

We look after many weddings, both the actual service, the reception and of course the rooms to help people relax before and after the party!

Thanks again, I hope we'll see you all again soon when you are next in Olds.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Great stay, rooms, amenities, food and most important the entire Team. Everyone was so welcoming and attentive. Every request was, "Consider it Done". Chef even came out of the kitchen to ensure our group of 16 was completely satisfied, which we all were. Fitness equipment was also top of line with lots of space. Breakfast was 10 for 10 something for everyone. Top marks for anticipating a busy weekend and having an extra attendant on to keep items fresh and stocked. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear BWBV

Thank you for the wonderful review, I have little to add apart from thank you again and to reiterate how much your kind words mean to us all !

I am glad you had a great stay and a meal with service to match!

I hope we see you and your family again very soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here 2 weeks previous and were in a bedroom facing the road which was excellent,when we returned we were put in room 302 at the back of the hotel,and whilst the room was just as nice, it overlooked a flat roof on which there were several chimneys and ducts which were continually (24 hrs.) humming loudly,so beware of room 302 and any that are adjacent.

Room Tip: very noisy at rear of the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Stephen D, General Manager at Pomeroy Inn & Suites at Olds College, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Roger P,

What a shame ! I am sorry that your second stay didn't live up to your expectations from your earlier visit!

I'm not sure why the units were quite so noisy this time, generally that isn't a problem. I have had Rob, our Maintenance manager look into this and I am having the AC handling units inspection company out to see why they were noisier than usual.

I am glad you enjoyed the rest of the hotel though and that you thought the rooms to be as nice as you'd hoped.

Next time you are in Canada, please drop by , I wlll make it up to you !

Safe travels, and thanks again for taking the time to give us a review.

Stephen.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Olds
Ramada Olds
#4 of 5 in Olds
Siesta Motel
Siesta Motel
#2 of 2 in Olds

Been to Pomeroy Inn & Suites at Olds College? Share your experiences!