“WORST Hotel I've Ever Stayed at- Just DON'T!”
Review of Crystal Star Inn

Crystal Star Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Leduc B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“WORST Hotel I've Ever Stayed at- Just DON'T!”
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I think they 'make' up the room rates as they like. Tackiest mess I've ever seen anywhere. No wake up call, no alarm clock, neon orange vinyl chairs, pink walls w. water damage,kids carpeting,one towel, no toiletpaper, poor ventilation. This place is a NIGHTMARE. No wake up call (I think the girl at the front desk was mentally challenged- I'm not kidding - the am guy was for sure), NO SHUTTLE - NO BREAKFAST(not even water). We all had to call cabs last minute - no apology- I have never witnessed anything like this place anywhere. It was like being in some sick fantasy world. Disgusting; a complete rip-off and atrocity. I wish I'd saved myself >100.00 and slept on an airport bench.

Room Tip: Just stay away.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank J S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Tried this hotel numerous times and always encountered rude front desk staff. The room rates fluctuate depending on how busy it is. Always difficult to find a parking space and had my vehicle damaged twice.

• Stayed November 2011
Reviewed 5 October 2011

A friend and I went here to get a room. We were pretty surprised at the attitude of the girl at the front desk. We asked If there were any rooms available. She told us no. I found this very curious so when I left decided to call to see if there were any rooms available. The very same women explained that there were plenty of rooms. I took this to heart as I didn't appreciate being turned down service. Being only 22, I'm guessing that's why this happened. Clearly not very nice people to deal with as we are two mature adults just looking for a place to rest our heads before catching a flight in the morning.

• Stayed October 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2011

We have stayed at this hotel before and it seemed ok. This time the service was THE PITS!
The reason we stayed was because the room rate was $99 which included a week free parking. We were there longer than that so thought it was cheaper to park there for the 2nd week.
The morning we were to leave (at 4:30am) the desk clerk was actually rude! We asked for a coffee while we waited for the shuttle to the airport (it was late and the clerk didn't care about that either) and he said we had to pay for it because it was before the "free" breakfast. Decided to wait to get one at the airport rather than give our money to the rude clerk.
When we returned after our trip, we arrived at 1am. We called the hotel and asked them to send the van to pick us up. (Think it was the same clerk). We waited for about 20 minutes, then called again. We waited 15 minutes more, and still no van. We finally went outside and asked a different van if he would drop us off and they said yes. I think next trip, we will park at one of the parking places to avoid the crappy service we received.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Fort McMurray, Alberta CANADA!!
Reviewed 14 December 2010

We stayed here before our flight to Mexico. I traveled with my spouse and two daughters, ages 16 and 3.
The rooms are spotless and HUGE. The television is the same size. I love how the heat is regulated by the fireplace.
Our flight was too early to take advantage of the breakfast.
The front desk help was over the top. They were kind and helpful.
We absolutely loved the colors and style of the hotel and rooms.
We will be returning each time we use the airport as it is a super deal, especially with free parking for 7 days.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2010

Very Clean- good shuttle service- Large rooms with 50 inch plasma and fireplace - very good continental breakfast . You wont be dissapointed. You wont find this on hotel booking sites like expedia etc. But it does have its own website, just google Crystal Star Inn

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2010

I honestly never thought I'd write a review like this, but here I am doing just that. I ususally stay at the Western Budget Motel chain and since this Crystal Star Inn has been up and running it has been pulling me towards it and I had to try it out. Keep in mind, the Western Budget is not a 5 star hotel, it is budget, clean and does the job, very well. I thought, I would try this out, see if a new updated place could pull my loyalty. No, it is terrible. There are no two things in this place that match, it actually is so painful to walk around you will be glad you shut the lights off, the rug looks like something out of a childs party room with curtains and bedspread that do not come close to matching. There are no closet doors on the closets, no artwork on the walls, the rooms are huge, I will give them that, but the only thing in them is a bed waaaayyyy in the corner, pushed right into the corner! Very very odd, the only thing going for it is the big flatscreen TV. The washrooms were bare minimial for toiletries (thankfully I had my own). I was charged more for a 'plain' room there than a jacuzzi room at the western budget. Not ever again, I am not into that at all, it was loud, the elevator terrible slow and the decor was the worst I have seen.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business