“Bizarre place!!!”

saskatchewan
“Bizarre place!!!”
Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

Just checked in.
Was blown away By the decor. Absolutely nothing matches. We're talking pink, orange, royal blue, maroon... I think the hotel was furnished with odds and ends from auctions or something! That being said, the location to airport is great and there is a free shuttle. It is also a good 20 dollars cheaper than other hotels in the area, so if your looking to save a buck it may be a good option! The rooms are actually clean, beds very comfortable and there is a fireplace, fridge and 50 inch tv in the rooms. The pop machine is completely empty. There is a vending machine full of odds and ends (yogurt, Gatorade,water, yogurt, instant noodles) obviously filled by owner to make a quick buck. Kind of weird.
If you can get past the extremely strange decor (you feel weird as soon as you enter the door) and base your stay strictly on comfort it's really not bad. (I'm laying one of the beds now and am comfy as hell! Lol)

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Courtneysunshine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel twice, both over night stays before catching a flight. The bonus of this hotel is being able to park your vehicle there for your vacation. The decor is definitely odd but it is clean. Shuttle to and from the hotel has been quick and reliable for both stays.

Stayed December 2012
1 Thank angelaernie
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here a number of times before flying out on vacation due to the great location and cheap price. This last time will likely be our final stay. Our experience has gone downhill. The price has been raised since the last time we stayed. We had to wait awhile for the front desk attendant to arrive when checking in. Complimentary breakfast doesn't start as early as some of the other hotels in the area. The morning airport shuttle does not run frequently enough, so we needed to call a cab. We did make use of the free week of parking.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times for overnight stays from the Airport. The decor is a little different but the beds are comfortable, nice big flat screen TV's, large rooms, fireplace. No complaints here. Great Value for being one of the less expensive hotels with a shuttle from the Edmonton Airport

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank HospitalityPro9
Charlevoix, Mi.
Reviewed 16 October 2012 via mobile

So this place is crazy. All the other reviews about the pink walls, ugly carpet, orange chairs ALL TRUE plus some. Staff was nice when I checked in. Bed is horrible, walls are dirty and the carpets will give you a headache BUT if you need a place to sleep and nothing else is available (why im here) it will work. Its over $100 a night plus tax

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Michael H
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My new husband and i stayed here the night of our wedding. It cost $260 for the bridal sweet for one night.
The rotating bed did not work
The tv did not work
There was no toilet paper
The staff was extremely rude!
Robes and towels were like sandpaper and the bed was rock hard.
What a disappointment on our wedding night. We emailed our complaints to the manager and its been a week with no reply. This place should be shut down.

• Stayed September 2012
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I recently booked 2 nights into the Crystal Star Inn, in Leduc Alberta while I was visiting family.
All I was looking for was clean, comfortable and affordable. The Crystal Star met all those requirements. The colour scheme is out of the 70"s although I know the hotel hasn't been there that long. I think they had a buyer who was colour blind. The check in process was easy, and the front desk attendant was pleasant. I had initially booked for one night and then extended it to two. She remembered my phone call to add the second night to the reservation.
There was a continental breakfast offered but I didn't partake of it. There is a coffee maker in the room that makes single cups of coffee, and there are paper cups for the same. It would have been nice to have a lid for the take out cup.
The room was clean, as was the bathroom. For me it was also a bonus to have a window that I could open. I hate the stuffy rooms to sleep in. The fireplace would have been a nice touch but I could not figure out how to turn it on. I assume tho that as it was actually warm the system might have been shut down for the summer.
There is large TV, and DVD player provided. A small Fridge is there as well, it was very cold.
The room was huge and there was a small table with two chairs, but a comfy chair or loveseat would have been a better use of the space.
One thing that wasn't there, was anything to put my suitcase on, I ended up on the desk. This would have been difficult had I needed to use the desk. I suppose I could have set up the ironing board and used that.
There was free WIFI as well.
Would i return there? Probably if needed, My preferred place to stay is a bed a breakfast, but they were unable to accomodate me this time.
Also it is a little farther away from the family I visit in Beaumont than I would like to be.
For a one night stay or two it was fine, it was close to the airport if that is what you are needing.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top (3rd) floor and had a room at the end of the hall, RM 323. There was no noise fr...