“Always the Best” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Yellowknife, Canada
“Always the Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Each and every time I stay here the experience is excellent. The staff consistently go above and beyond. No matter how long I've been between visits they remember me and make every effort to accommodate my needs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

PWBatke, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denham Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Jay P:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. It was truly our pleasure to serve you and I will be sure to share your comments about the hospitality you experienced at our hotel with our entire team.

We hope to continue to be your hotel of choice in the Leduc-Nisku area. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Perry Batke, CHA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Plano, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Most guests at a hotel have luggage....and when you combine it with an airport location you have .....well, luggage. I attempted to have breakfast at the Denham Hotel. With not much time between when the restaurant opens and the shuttle to the airport I brought my bags with me to breakfast, one roll-aboard, one briefcase. There were 3 of my co-workers already having breakfast and 1 other guest. TONS of space at 6am. I was told by one of the female servers that I would have to leave my bag outside of the restaurant. I told her that I couldn't/wouldn't leave my bag unattended. I was then given the option of sitting in a booth closer to the door so I could see my unattended bags sitting in the lobby. I declined and opted out of breakfast. It's a buffet....how can anyone monitor a bag and enjoy a meal? Her nasty disposition spoke volumes at 6am. She spread her sarcasm to another of my co-workers before they hurried to finish their breakfast and left. I will not return to this hotel. I will go where they appreciate my business.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank William A
PWBatke, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denham Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear William A:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay at our hotel. We place great value on the information we receive from our guests and use it to make continual improvements in the levels of hospitality, quality & service we provide our guests.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the service you encountered when dining in our restaurant. I can totally appreciate you wanting to bring your luggage in with me and we should have been more flexible in how we responded to you. Please know, that we will use this opportunity to coach & communicate with our team on how to better handle this situation in the future. Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced but do hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Yellowknife, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Was there for just one short night on a layover. Nice hotel, clean rooms, staff were helpful and found me a toothbrush at 1 AM when I realized I didn't have mine. I left early the next morning before I could take advantage of breakfast. Shuttle bus provided to the airport. It's a few more minutes down the road from the other airport hotels but you are also within walking distance of a few more restaurants in downtown Leduc.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear greatslave:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing feedback about your recent stay with us and for choosing our hotel. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to serve you and agree that we have a great location - all the convenience of an Airport Hotel plus the benefits of being in a downtown location with many shops & restaurants nearby.

We hope to continue to be your hotel of choice in the Leduc-Nisku area. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and we were so impressed with the friendly service at this well-run establishment. Great little gym downstairs, good food at the restaurant and excellent front desk staff. Very clean and well kept - the staff cares and it shows!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Res4two
Dear Res4two:

Thank you very much for your very kind words about your stay at our hotel. It was truly our pleasure to serve you and I will be sure to share your comments about the service & cleanliness you encountered during your stay with our team. As well, very glad to hear you enjoyed our Gym - we are very proud of it.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I got a newly done up room and was very impressed. Room was great, breakfast was normal. Staff were pleasant, nice that the hotel is right off Highway 2. If I were in the area again I would most likely stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

PWBatke, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denham Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear USAMAH K:

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN PLUS Denham Inn & Suites and for sharing feedback about your stay. We love hearing from our guests and use their comments to celebrate with our staff. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed the comfort, accommodations and hospitality you experienced at our hotel.

Alberta,Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night in March and enjoyed our stay greatly. The rooms are nicely done and have super comfy beds. We checked in late, 1am and the lady who checked us in was super friendly and offered us a late check out without us even asking, which was gratefully accepted. Room comes with free breakfast but we slept in and missed it. If you have to stay in Leduc or need a room before a flight out of Edmonton this is a great option. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mitmel
PWBatke, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denham Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear mitmel:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind words about your stay at our hotel. We also greatly appreciate your recommendation to other TripAdvisor followers to stay with us. We love hearing from our guests and I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

Houston, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Rooms good, breakfast extensive, bar/lounge OK, Internet - nearly non-existent due to slow speed in the "Towers". This was a business trip. I couldn't get a connection to get my e-mail. All else was OK.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Jesus S
Dear Jesus S:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing feedback about your stay at our hotel. We place great value on the information we receive from our guests & use it to make continual improvements in our levels of service, quality & cleanliness.

I do apologize for the issues you encountered with our Internet and any inconvenience you may have experienced. We did determined that we had wireless access points that needed to be replaced & quickly changed them out with new units. The issue has now been resolved but once again I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Please know that you can stay here in the future with facing this same issue.