“nice rooms no service”

Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton Airport
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Leduc
Reviewed 23 November 2013

the rooms are fine but the service in restaurant was bad, maybe as they seem to be under staffed, went for a drink in the pub and never got served for 10 minutes, got a cut of tea to go and the cup was so hot I had to leave it in the lobby, this place has no idea about service.

Room Tip: choose one at a different hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Russell F, Guest Relations Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Hello Reg W,

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with feedback about your previous stay. First off let me apologize for the issues you encountered on your recent stay with us. We are continuously working on ways to improve the our service level and will be using your comments to help us achieve that goal.

If you have any other concerns or comments or would like to discuss this matter more please feel free to contact me at 780-980-6738 or guestservices@royalinn.com

Russell Friesen

Reviewed 11 November 2013

There are some pluses like organized airport shuttle, beautiful hotel. We arrived at 1:30 am and the front desk was organized and polite and we were in our room quite quickly. I love the Bath and Body Works bath products. Room was nice and clean. Near the airport.

The cons was no free breakfast. Buffet was expensive and started at $11. Just as we settled into bed at 2 am..we quickly realized we were right by the train tracks and road crossing. Noisy cuz of that. Around 6 am I kept hearing a squeaky sound going up and down the hall. After two hours of this I poked my head out and it was someone slowly pushing a grey bin. ?laundry ?garbage. I asked a nearby housekeeper to get them to oil the wheels but she said it wasn't her job. I was soooo tired from this stay.

Unfortunately I wouldn't stay again due to noise and it was pricer than other nearby places. The price difference is basically due to no added brekkie.

Room Tip: Ask for the non-train track side!!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Had a great stay at the Executive Inn! I called last minute and booked the Jacuzzi room! It was awesome! The bed is just perfect and the room is huge!

The location of this hotel is great! Close to restaurants and of course the Airport.

The check in on Sunday night of Thanksgiving weekend was a breeze, the gal was super friendly!

Room Tip: Choose the King Jacuzzi room!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

For the last 4 years, I have stayed at this hotel for single nights on the front and back ends of hunting trips to Alberta. It is very close to the airport. They provide a free shuttle to/from the airport at convenient times and intervals. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The bar and restaurant are more than adequate. It is a perfect place to stay for my purposes.

Room Tip: I have been fortunate to stay on the first floor for each of my visits.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had stayed at the Royal preceding our last EIA use, and liked it, thus, this time we went with the king room for $20 more….. Well worth it, a splendid room, huge, well adorned and comfortable. The bed was very sleep friendly. The train hardly bothered us. Check in was easy, never had a problem booking with Expidia. Had another delicious dinner in the sports bar, replete with an amazingly attentive and efficient server.
Love the Royal location, if the lights are favourable one is seconds from Jetset.
WiFi works well and coffee is Keurig...... All hotels should be this way.

Room Tip: The King trumps the Queen!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013

If you are looking for a nice hotel where you don't want to have a restful sleep, this is the place! We arrived after a 14 hour drive only to find out that the hotel was hosting numerous university hockey teams all weekend as well as accommodating a number of wedding guests who travelled to actually enjoy their weekend. There was partying going on all night, people running up and down the halls all night, yelling, breaking glass, broken elevators (on numerous occasions). My mother cannot use stairs and had to rely on chance that the elevator would work - she was stuck in the elevator on the first day she stayed! My niece's wedding which was at the hotel was crashed by hockey players who had to be kicked out by the father of the bride after they helped themselves to the appetizer table. The partying got so out of hand that a huge window got smashed in the middle of the night nonetheless. The staff did nothing to stop the partying that was going on. On closer look the furniture in the lobby needs to be thrown out. It is terribly dirty. The room on the other hand was very nice, bed was very comfortable and the room was clean...too bad we didn't get any sleep! I am totally disappointed in this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask what else is going on in the area and how busy the hotel is before you stay here!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Russell F, Guest Relations Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Hello Still_Tired2013,

Please allow me to apologize for the issues you encountered and the inconveniences they may have cause. Usually our hotel is normally a very quiet building, but during the weekend of your stay it is undeniable that some guests of the hotel took advantage of the situation to the detriment of their fellow guests. This situation is regrettable, and rare: we seldom have a problem like we did the night of your visit, and we hope to not be judged based upon the poor behavior of others. Nonetheless, we do take full responsibility for the poor quality of your stay, and I hope you will accept our thanks for your feedback.

Russell Friesen

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The food and service was incredible. I won`t stay else where on my next trip to Edmonton. The loacation if perfect and the rooms were perfect... As far as convenience from Airport, the hotel stay and the restaurant was wonderful. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Just book in advance this place is always Booked FULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leduc
Days Inn & Suites Edmonton Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton International Airport
Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel
Wingate by Wyndham Edmonton Airport
Ramada Edmonton International Airport
Wyndham Garden Edmonton Airport

Been to Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton Airport? Share your experiences!