“A Good Way to Kill Time While Waiting for a Flight”
Review of Belgian Beer Cafe

Belgian Beer Cafe
Ranked #36 of 97 Restaurants in Leduc
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Belgian, European, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: The Belgian Beer Cafe is a European Style Gastro-Pub with Belgian inspired cuisine and classic North American comfort food. We carry over 50 different types of premium import Belgian beers, hand crafted cocktails, and an exceptional wine list from around the world. We are genuinely passionate about great service, great food, and great drink enjoyed in a truly unique environment.
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Rather pricey, but although I am not heading for Belgium, how nice to revive memories from last year's visit there while having a Belgian beer and a meal. The seats at the bar have electrical outlets available for laptops and EIA provides free WiFi service. The lobster bisque and a side of pretzels with a mustard and beer dip was tasty, and service was good. There are about a half dozen Belgian beers on tap, as well as several Canadian ones.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Toast has to many seeds also the bacon was ok the eggs are perfect really good service the pick lemonade was ok litoast was nicely buttered living wall really nice second best restaurant EVER

Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

We were catching and International flight and had 2 hours to spare before our flight and were happy to find this new addition to EIA. The selection of Beligum brews were great and the food wasn't bad either. Overall for an airport experience it can't get much better.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Ever since I realised the expansion of the airport was finished, I've been trying the different restaurants down in the fancier Ed of this airport.

My favourite so far has been the Belgian Beer Cafe!

I really enjoyed the Brussels Mussels (it's got some good kick to it!), the chicken and waffles, and the flat bread salad. To top it off they carry my favourite beer Leffe!

Even better than the food was the service I received from a cute server named Rachel. I find myself hoping she's on shift (and that I have enough layover time!) whenever I go through this airport. She's friendly, has interesting things to say, and gives thoughtful service.

Long and short of it: go to this restaurant and ask to sit in her section. Get a pint of beer and order the chicken and waffles. You won't be sorry!

Reviewed 8 January 2013

My partner and I recently arrived in Edmonton from Kelowna. Prior to picking up our luggage, we thought we'd try one of the new restaurants in the departure lounge as we were both hungry. We decided to try the Belgian Beer Cafe.
We looked at the menu and noticed that the place was empty (3pm on New Year's Day). We later noticed that other restaurants were moderately busy. After looking at the menu, we flagged down a server that was cleaning a table. She noticed us at the front but didn't acknowledge us. We asked if we could sit anywhere and she said "sure". We sat at a table and went through the menu again. 10 minutes passed and no one approached our table. We noticed 3 servers and a bartender at the bar area visiting and 2 of them looking at their phones (texting?). I got up and approached the bar area and all of the staff turned and looked at me, saying nothing. I said to the group of them "we're ready to order if someone would like to take our order". There was no answer back. Instead I heard one of the servers say that she didn't want the table as her shift was ending soon. Not even a grunt from one of them! I returned to the table. No one was coming to take care of us! We then got up to leave, went to the exit and one of the serving staff approached us and said thanks for coming. I then piped up and said "are you serious?" "There are 4 of you standing around visiting and we were never served!". All that she could say was "sorry". I would hate to see this place operate when busy travelers are looking to eat and spend money! We travel a lot and we will be sure to never patronize this place again.

3  Thank lambchopinonion