“Just not nice”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hanna
Edmonton, Canada
“Just not nice”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Have stayed here alot and this is by far one my top 2 least favorite hotels I have ever stayed in in my life. If you are ok with tenting or RVing that is a far better option than this hotel. It is unfortunate that Hanna does not have alot of options and you are forced to stay here if the "other" hotel is booked. I have had to stay in the older rooms and renovated rooms, and neither is great. This last time I stayed I was in a supposed renovated room and while there is new paint etc, the bedding and beds were not new, I'm guessing probably still from the 70's. Bathroom was disgusting. I tapped my shampoo bottle on the handicap handle in the shower and some very disturbing grossness fell out from behind it. If the hotel wants to cater to the over abundance of crews in the area now, well good for them, however do the crews not deserve at least cleanliness? And further on that note, if the hotel management would raise the standard a little higher perhaps enforcing cleanliness, quite time etc from the crews maybe this would not be so disgusting. And whats with the sign in the lobby that refers to drugs????? Can't see I've seen that before in a hotel! Again, maybe management should not have let things get so out of control that they would have to post a sign regarding this.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kismif

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Humboldt, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I stayed there on April 30, after driving from Humboldt Sask. This hotel should not be open in my opinion. We were on the main floor. I wanted to leave after seeing the room, however was tired and there was a winter storm.

The carpet on the floor of our room was so filthy that we had to wear our boots, and literally lay down the towels from the bathroom to walk at night. I told the girl at the front desk that I had stayed in third world countries, especially Cuba that were much cleaner than this dive. As far as the renovating, I really think that is a farce! And the cleaning ladies were making a racket, as if to say Get Up at 7 in the morning. We took one look at the restaurant, the cook, in a dirty
attire, sat down, and got up and left. I wouldn't even drink a coffee there.... My advise is to go on if possible to Drumheller, although rooms are hard to come by there unless booked in advance. And the price for two beds didn't come cheap! Faye V.

Room Tip: Do Not Waste Your Money Go Elsewhere.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank lovingcuba309
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

I have a wedding to go to on March 1 and 2 so I called the Canada Grey Motor Inn in December to book a room. After reading the reviews of bed bugs I still regrettingly attempted to get 2 rooms. I was informed in a very impolite way that I could not reserve a room until 1 month before my expected reservation. Even after saying that I would pay full price that day, I was turned down. So I waited until exactly 1 month prior and called again only to be told that I would still not be able to reserve a room. I could however attempt to get a room the day of the wedding and be treated as a walk in. If I would have been informed of this back in December I probably would have looked into alternate locations but now it is to late !!!!

I hope that this Hotel is empty for that weekend.... I would not stay here if I was stranded in 40 below weather and was forced to walk to Calgary.

Room Tip: Don't Go
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Scotty T
Keith G, Owner at Travelodge Hanna Canada Grey, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Our hotel has only 81 rooms and we are in the process of renovating 10 of those rooms. We have crews booked in here for up to two years, it is unfair for us to ask them to leave for a weekend wedding. We offer walk in first come first serve rooms when there is rooms available on the weekends. We are certified bug free by professional Inspectors.
Like many high end, middle class and economy; franchised and owner operated hotels, motels and motor inns across Europe and North America; bed bugs have been an epidemic. The Canada Grey Motor Inn is not immune to what is transported from other properties to ours. We have had two incidents in the last two years and responded with Professional Orkin Pest Control Expert Services. In both incidents treatment was 100% successful. We are in an aggressive control plan, like all responsible properties to minimize any adverse client stays.
Edmonton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

over all just a room to sleep. decent enough.
Internet worked well.

But stayed in 138 and got HUGE bedbug bites. Size of small eggs. yuck.
I called and they said thanks for calling, but didn't do anything for my inconvenience.
whatever.
won't stay there again. I recomend the drive to Drumheller.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank ianshouse
Pincher Creek, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Was working in the area. Don't get a smoking room, the windows don't open and difficult to breath at night after smoking in the room. Wicked water pressure as other reviewer mentioned, barely have to turn tap on. Room had a coffee maker and fridge, that was nice. Friendly staff though and handy having a restaurant and lounge right there.

Room Tip: Non-smoking even if you smoke!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in need of some serious renos. My room on the second floor was clean but very basic . The mattress was old, hard and I wished I hadn't seen it when a corner of the bed sheet came off. Tv was an old clunker and the fixtures needed some help as well. I did appreciate the water pressure in the shower which could strip varnish off a dresser. Nice after a day of working outside. Food was ok but the menu is similar to every other small Alberta town menu. Garlic toast with everything.
If you just need a room while working in the area, then this place is ok. If you have a family, then stay at the Super 8 across the road.

• Stayed July 2012
Bawlf, Alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

The hotel needs some serious renos but the service was top notch and the staff really friendly. The food in the cafe is simple but well done. Thank you for the surprise. I was worried when I checked in but was very pleased overall - never judge a book by its cover.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo