“We had hoped for a quiet rest.”

Lakeview Inns & Suites - Fort Saskatchewan
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Fort Saskatchewan
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This hotel seems to be primarily in existence for workers and companies who look after them. We were grateful that the room was clean, warm and well cared for but our request for a second floor room for quietness seemed to be ignored and explained away that the hotel was fully 'booked up'.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
There are newer reviews for Lakeview Inns & Suites - Fort Saskatchewan

Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was my first time staying at the Lakeview Inn & Suites in Fort Saskatchewan and I had a great experience. The staff was friendly and helpful and had a decent selection of movies that you could borrow for free. The continental breakfast was definitely better than many other hotels I have been to with the fresh fruit and muffins that don't taste stale but also being able to have fresh waffles was a nice surprise. The rooms were your typical hotel rooms and I found the bed slightly to hard for me but that is a matter of personal preference. The rooms were clean which is the important thing. The only other criticism I have of the hotel is it looks slightly out dated but for the price and what else you get for the value it, is easily overlooked. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a thursday and friday night. the friday morning was extremely noisy from about 6am on as the industry workers were headed out for the day. the breakfast is small, the only hot item being the waffles. I was attending a two day meeting and the banquet staff was excellent, as was the food. room is basic. firm mattresses, tube tv, microwave, bar fridge. not too fancy of a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Whenever I visit Fort Saskatchewan I stay at Lakeview Inns and Suites. The staff throughout the whole hotel is friendly, efficient and goes above and beyond my expectations every time!

Excellent place to stay, MUST visit !!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent, AC has minimal noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kali K
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Trust the good reviews - it's all true! Not too close to Edmonton but if passing through Ft Sk, a great place to stop. No complaints, decent breakfast, rooms clean & comfortable. We had a newborn & a dog & they were very accommodating with a non-smoking main floor room with mo neighbors. Same services you'd get in a much $$ hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Right from check-in, this hotel exceeded expectations. I was expecting a clean comfy place to rest my head during my son's judo tournament. What I got was a call from reception 10-15 minutes after we checked in to ensure the room was in good order and what we needed. (It was.) A spotlessly clean, true non-smoking room with a small, quiet, working fridge, plenty of storage space and plenty of room to move around the 2 queen beds, generous corner table and other furnishings. I was a little concerned about being on the main floor, but we were well away from the lounge, vending machines etc, and although I think there was someone above us, we barely heard them. Sound between rooms is also minimal. Wireless internet worked first try - although the tickets with passcodes only work for 24hours so you have to trade them in at the desk for the 2nd night (not a big deal.) There are DVD machines in the room although the free DVD dispenser by the front desk is very temperamental and we couldn't get one out of it - we'd brought our own so not a big deal. The continental breakfast is well stocked with waffle machines, toast, bagels, muffins, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, fruit cups, snack bars etc - plenty of choice. I ordered room service from Roustabout's restaurant the second night because we were exhausted. There's a 15% discount for guests and the food was surprisingly good. I took my chances and ordered a seafood chowder (risky anywhere in landlocked Alberta) and it came garnished with a large perfectly cooked shrimp, and had plenty of baby shrimp within its light cream soup, along with fresh vegetables. The bruschetta was also fresh with perfectly crisp and chewy crostini. The staff are all very friendly from reception to restaurant to housekeeping. I was pleasantly surprised and very please and have no hesitation recommending it. It's also easy access to Safeway's, Wal-Mart, a variety of restaurants and other shops if you need something beyond. (They also have an extensively stocked array of complimentary toiletries if you forget something.) We shut the heating right off because it was warm enough without it. The heating was quiet. The cooling fans are noisy and that might be a challenge in summer months, but I always blast the room icy cold if I'm staying anywhere, then shut it off overnight if it becomes an issue.

Room Tip: There is building work going on east of the hotel. That might be an issue during the week, but cert...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for a week, on business. The front desk staff went out of their way at every opportunity to ensure I had a pleasant stay. They rooms were great, beds were comfortable, continental breakfast better than average. If your travelling to the fort for a day or a week business or pleasure, make sure you stay here.
There is no pool.

Room Tip: Whatever you want, just ask. They'll get it for you. If you ask for a smoking room with a king b...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business