“Cozy, friendly, fabulous!”
Review of The Downtown Diner

The Downtown Diner
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

My family has been frequenting the Downtown Diner since last summer. We have never been disappointed in either the food or the service. It's hard to find scratch-made food like this, and the Fort isn't typically a city you'd find quality food from scratch. It's so refreshing, therefore, to have the Downtown Diner here. The staff is always very friendly and attentive, even when it's super busy. Best picks from the menu include the burgers, shepherd's pie, club sandwich, fried chicken, and soups. Great from scratch comfort food in a cozy, friendly environment. Will keep coming back!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Been there twice, but heard good reviews from other. All homemade, tasty.
Reasonable. Come between rush hour or you will have to wait.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Though a tiny hole in the wall....the downtown diner offers up classic fare.....good hand formed burgers and homemade buns and even the ketchup is homemade....not a disappointment

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We have been here many times and have never been disappointed. The hardest thing is picking what to eat. I have had the prime rib, Reuban, clubhouse, Monte Cristo... The list goes on and on. I wish they bottled the diner sauce to take home cause that stuff is amazing. Almost everything is house made even the Ketchup.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Absolutely fabulous! I had taken my son out for dinner and the diner was a recommendation from a friend. It did not disappoint. We started with the chips and dip as an appie. They were polished off in no time and the dip was so delicious. I ordered the Rueben and my son had the ribs. Our food came in a very timely manner but the restaurant was not busy as we came later in the evening just before closing (8 pm). The Rueben was warm and absolutely delicious. They make their own smoked meat. I had a side coleslaw which was pretty good. My son's ribs were fall off the bone perfect, The potatoe salad - A MUST HAVE!!! We were served our food by the owner and chef Keith. Nice touch. The waitress was friendly and very helpful about the menu.

I would so go back and would so recommend this restaurant and already have. I would definitely say it is worth the drive if you don't live in the Fort.

Overall Great service and absolutely FANTASTIC food!!!