“Excellent food, amazing staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Downtown Diner

The Downtown Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner, Canadian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Edmonton, Canada
“Excellent food, amazing staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

my only complaint is the guilt i feel when i eat there. The food is SOOO good but equally bad for me.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank TrueNorthClay

Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

So first my barber recommended this restaurant, but then someone told me it's expensive (it's not) so I didn't bother going. Then my MLA posted a thing on Facebook about this restaurant having one of the five best burgers in all of greater Edmonton, so I thought I should check it out. I went today with my son.

The décor is 50s diner style, and they were playing nice music.

I had their famous burger, the Downtowner, and it may have been the best burger I've ever eaten. It was huge, juicy, and delicious. The accompanying fries were hot, substantial, and crisp. I also had a strawberry shake, and although I've seen places try to copy the shakes I would get as a child, this was the real deal. The whole reason I used to order shakes when I was a kid was to get the extra in the metal cup. This was in the days before free refills, so that was a big deal in my little world. Well, it's the first time since I was like 10 years old that I got that authentic shake. In fact, there was more left in the cup than fit in the tall glass, so I even got thirds!

My son had the child's grilled cheese and fries and he enjoyed it too.

Tonight my wife told me she'd gone there without me and enjoyed it, so I guess now we're even!

I notice they have my two favourite sandwiches on the menu, so I'll have to return at least twice!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Geoffrey27
Edmonton, Canada
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Decor was nice, seating crowded. Bathroom clean.
Waitresses very good. Four items on menu were sold out.. Therefore did not get served for over a hour once food was ordered. Portion small regarding one menu item.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Fort p
Calgary, Canada
“Awesome Meal, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I travel quite a bit for business and am always looking for different places to eat. The Downtown Diner was recommended to me and I'm grateful for the recommendation! The atmosphere was fun, the staff was friendly and very helpful and the food was to die for! One of the best dinners I've had in a long time!
Next time I'm in Fort Saskatchewan, I will be going back to the Downtown Diner! Keep up the great work!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NedChiwalski
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cozy, friendly, fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

My family has been frequenting the Downtown Diner since last summer. We have never been disappointed in either the food or the service. It's hard to find scratch-made food like this, and the Fort isn't typically a city you'd find quality food from scratch. It's so refreshing, therefore, to have the Downtown Diner here. The staff is always very friendly and attentive, even when it's super busy. Best picks from the menu include the burgers, shepherd's pie, club sandwich, fried chicken, and soups. Great from scratch comfort food in a cozy, friendly environment. Will keep coming back!

• Visited April 2014