“Lovely”

Heartwood Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Drumheller
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My mom and I had a lovely stay at the Heartwood Inn. We stayed in the Lower Turret as it had a king sized bed and the other rooms with multiple beds were already booked The space was large, clean, and pleasantly cool. To get to the Lower Turret room, you have to go down about 8 stairs, so that's something to keep in mind if you have mobility issues as you'd want to book a main floor room instead.

Zeke and Patrice were great hosts and super friendly. We had Zeke's stuffed French toast ($10/person/breakfast) and I overheard him saying he does make an omelet if you have a gluten allergy.

The Heartwood is in a great location as we visited the Tyrrell Museum and watched the Passion Play, which were both less than 10 minutes away. I look forward to staying there again the next time I'm visiting Drumheller.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank andh_19
pzwolfDrumheller, Owner at Heartwood Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Thank you so much we are glad we had a room available. Come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I decided last minute to get away for a couple days. I called the Heartwood in the afternoon and we were in luck that with such short notice that the Upper Turret room was available for that night

Our stay was perfect! Patrice & Zeke and wonderfully friendly and accommodating! Breakfast was phenomenal, and the conversation with Zeke was welcomed and entertaining!

Thanks for everything! We will definitely be back!

1  Thank CoreyandLyndel

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I stayed 2 nights (too many) at the Heartwood Inn and Spa (the word "spa" is misused here, really !) in a cottage, an old renovated garage, with a very cold floor, humidity included and a bad mattress. Breakfast would have been fine if not for Herr Wolf (the owner and cook) who would come in the dining room every 5 minutes to interrupt the conversation we had with a couple of nice ladies. When he (Herr Wolf) heard our conversation about the oil sands, he proceeded to wag a finger, pointed at me, admonishing me for my opinion on the subject. I found this very disturbing and impolite on his part. As the owner, it is "NOT" his place to tell his guests what they should or should not believe in. As long as I am not talking to him, my personal opinions on any matter are none of his business. We will definitively "NOT" recommend this Inn.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pachamimijava
pzwolfDrumheller, Owner at Heartwood Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

I appreciate all reviews from our guests even the non complimentary ones. Your cottage was formerly a miners shack and it is the oldest structure on our property close to 100 years old. I'm sure back in the day the miners never dreamed the shack would be outfitted with maple flooring, a jacuzzi with rain shower, a fireplace, and air conditioning.
We have a few golden rules here at the Heartwood "tread lightly when discussing religion & politics". We have now added "the oil patch" to that list. A very important and vital industry to many of us Albertan's.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

First off I would like to personally thank Zeke and Patrice for making my wife’s surprise birthday weekend a remarkable success. Their playing along with the theme of one surprise after another made this a very special weekend that my wife says she will cherish forever. Their cooperation, advice, and helpfulness in planning and adjusting the packages they offer to accommodate my wishes went well above and beyond……..

The room was wonderfully attired and immaculate, the private entrance and deck off our room was a great place to relax and have breakfast. This added to our feeling of being right at home and the jet tub that was a great help with my stiff and sore muscles from our golf outings.

The play and dinner at the Rosebud Theater was a great way to finish off the weekend, earlier that day the spa treatment and massage they offer helped us both to relax and feel pampered before the night out (I would definitely encourage men to try the “athletic foot treatment”).

Zeke’s approach to golfing during his lessons was a tremendous help to my wife’s confidence and her new found abilities have greatly improved her game and enjoyment of it (I put 10 yds. on all my iron’s, increased my accuracy and confidence just by listening to him teach her!!)

Overall my wife and I had a wonderful and pleasurable time at the Heartwood Inn and would recommend the services and facilities to anyone wanting to spoil that someone special with a weekend away, or just wanting to enjoy and explore the many attractions that Drumheller and area have to offer

Thanks again for everything!

Bryce

PS… We are starting to talk about planning next year’s trip already….

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bryce S

Bryce, how can I thank you and Melva for your super over the top reviews. I am blushing even Zeke is blushing. You two were so much fun, Zeke got to play and talk golf all weekend, so he was happy. It is people like you who make this life of ours so satisfying. We hope you'll make this at least an annual trip but Rosebud has 4 or 5 performances a year so why wait for next years birthday. See you soon I hope.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The staff are very friendly. The breakfast was amazing, The bed was very comfortable. I'm definitely coming back. I felt like home or can I said better than home. A very nice place to stay. I highly recommend the Heartwood inn to friends and family.

1  Thank Julie R

What a nice review. thanks so much. We appreciate your taking the time to tell other folks about us.
Cheers,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

From the moment we walked in, the hotel staff focused on making our experience an exceptional one. They personally showed us to our room and walked us through everything we needed to know. The room was impeccably clean and tastefully furnished, complete with a jacuzzi to unwind in. It was refreshing to stay somewhere with character, rather than in a cookie-cutter chain hotel. The personal touches made our stay thoroughly enjoyable and we will most definitely be back!

1  Thank jnreeves

thank you for noticing our quality housekeeping. I am so grateful to have such hard working staff who have such pride in the cleaning they do. We are small but want to offer more personal service and I'm tickled you noticed. Please come and see us again.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Was gifted with a stay at this lovely location, could not have asked for more! Our room had a tub, and its own patio. The whole place was immaculate, we wanted for nothing. The staff, from the front desk, to the kitchen and spa were friendly, accommodating and talented - Zeke showed huge patience on the golf course. Thanks again to all for the perfect present!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank melvastinson

So happy you enjoyed your birthday here. Sounds like the perfect getaway a little golf a little R&R.
Come and see us again soon,