“Better than we Thought”
Review of Reptile World - CLOSED

Reptile World
Reviewed 27 April 2014

When we 1st went in after paying what I thought was an exorbitant admission price, I thought "what a rip-off" however, after seeing the wealth of exhibits and my children having the opportunity to hold an un-named young boa, I changed my mind. The staff was friendly and informative, and my kids had a great time.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I remembered going here when I was about 10 years old and holding a snake by the name of Sophie. I was surprised at how warm she was and this left a lasting impression with me. When we returned to Drumheller about 25 years later, we decided to check it out again. We were really impressed with how their collection had grown and were introduced to their new snake Brittany and were able to hold her as well.

Curious about Sophie, I inquired with their staff as to what had become of her and was surprised to find out that they they still had her, but that she was retired due to her size and age. The building itself is quite old and it could use some sprucing up, but when you see how well the animals are cared for, the appearance of the building matters little.

Truly a remarkable place with a great variety of species, don't miss it!

1  Thank ResidentShroom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Well worth the admission price. Lots of reptiles, loved the turtles and snakes. Place is looking a little run down around the edges though, but cannot complain about the amount of different reptiles to see and learn about!!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Come visit the reptiles at reptile world. You'll be quite intrigued. One of my children loves to hold Brittany the boa ever since we first took her when she 3. We return every time.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 September 2013

It is a private facility so the funding isn't there and it shows in the age of the facility but the kids had a good time seeing all the reptiles. That is what matters in the end not the old flooring. There was a large variety of snakes, frogs and lizards. There is a crocodile and alligator. The kids were able to pet a snake and if willing hold the snake. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable.