“Mixed Review”
Review of Reptile World - CLOSED

Reptile World
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had read the mixed reviews of this attraction but was curious enough so we checked it out yesterday

It was very informative and interesting but as an adult I saw many things lacking in the facility itself. The variety of species is quite impressive which would require specialists or those familiar with the the requirements of the species itself. We did not see that in the basic housekeeping. I understand it is an older facility but it can be kept clean with some work.

I can imagine the amount of people who will come through the attraction through this long weekend and it should be spotless, ready to showcase. After all, it is one of the attractions promoted by Drumheller on billboards, magazines, etc.

I've been a fish owner and I know that algae can be a problem but the amount of algae on some of the tanks is incredible. Poor Fred, the alligator. I saw a picture of him two years ago and he is being consumed by black fur like algae.

No doubt that small children will love this as was evident but as an adult, you see more then that.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We loved reptile world - such a great variety of reptiles. Well set out and easy to view. The owner obviously looks after the reptiles and really cares about them. He brings a boa constrictor out for you to hold and lets you take a photo with your own camera. Great t shirts for sale.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We went with small children, teenagers and a lady in her 80s. We were ama ed at all we saw and got to hold a small boa.We all loved it and would be back again. Shop is small but we still found stuff to buy.
A must see

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I just can't help but feel bad for some of the reptiles. For example, the giant alligator (or crocodile, excuse my lack of reptile knowledge) sitting in a barren and lifeless pool just makes me feel so bad for that creature.. Instead of being entertained or anything. Also, when we were there, it just so happened to be that there was a floating, dead chick (or duckling) that had yet to be eaten by the indifferent alligator. I imagine this could be quite upsetting for small children.

The building is old and could use some revitalization. Also, the individual animal cages could be more inspiring even just by having real plants in there instead of obvious fake ones.

Wasn't worth the money and the floating dead baby chicken or duck along with some of the lifeless exhibits, left me feeling sad.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

great variety of snakes, and the animal handler was super friendly. our 3-year-old enjoyed her visit, and I liked touching the boa constrictor. the store didn't have any educational toys or books, mostly t shirts and stuffed animals.