Quality Hotel Drumheller
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Badlands Motel(Drumheller)
View Hotel
All reviewsgrocery storefront deskwafflesthird floordouble roombreakfast room isa great staycomplimentary breakfasthot itemssausageother hotelscoffee makerwould highly recommend this hotelclean roomswould stay againdowntown areacomfortable bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2014

When I read the other reviews on the hotel, I thought it sounded all right, to my dismay that is about all it was, all right. We were in Drumheller for a dance festival that my daughter was attending. If you know anything about that, it means that we need lots of counter space in the bathroom, for makeup and hair supplies and also we need lots of plugins for hair appliances. Well the bathroom counter is tiny, it has maybe 4 inches around the sink not even enough space to set the average bathroom bag that comes in a luggage set, so we had to run back and forth to the other room to get what ever we needed. The room really lacked extra plug ins, I went looking for one behind a bedside table, which itself was still covered in something sticky from the last people, or whoever, and instead of a plug in I found garbage, a pull tab off a pop can and other things. The patio door was so dirty you could hardly see out of it and the balcony itself had something on it, we could not decide if it was a dead bird, or big pile of bird crap. The room had no clock radio in it, so because of that I put in a wake up call, but the phone itself wasn't on the bedside table it was on the desk table, so I had to jump out of bed to answer it. There was baseboard missing along the wall under the patio door. This hotel advertised that it had a billiard room, so we had time to kill between dance numbers and thought we would go shoot some pool. Well, the pool tables had junk all over them, and when I asked if we could use them, they said no, I said why not, well they belong to the lounge, but I said the lounge is closed, as in un-operational, they said well we don't own them, I said you don't own what the tables? They said yes, I said this hotel advertises a billiards room and we want to play. They said that they didn't have any balls, I said well now that is a lie, they are in the tables. Then they got short with me and said, you can't play, I said well you shouldn't advertise that I can then. They say this place is under renovations, I wonder if that explains all the garbage laying around it outside? I will say the bed was comfortable. The breakfast room is very nice, it is clean, big and bright, very inviting, the breakfast offered the average continental items, the lady working in there was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We were on the north side and listened to vehicle traffic from the highway, so I would assume the other side might be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Susan B
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This hotel is a little older but is well maintained and clean. It may not be a good choice for families with younger children as there is no pool. For the one night traveller though, it is ideal. The room comes with a continental breakfast to get you on your way. The staff we had were friendly, polite and courtesies. I recommend it and would stay again.

Room Tip: The hotel is right next door to a 24 hour grocery if you need.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nd2c-nd2b
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed one night and we were very happy with everything! The front desk staff were very nice and the breakfast was very good, we really like the breakfast room it was so sunny and bright it started a our day day off perfectly! The beds were so comfortable it was like sleeping at home. I have to say the house keeping is awesome very clean rooms! We will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellen M
Reviewed 27 January 2014

A great vacation for our family. The woman at the front desk (Vera) was very helpful and seemed to know all the tourism destinations in Drumheller and the best way to get tho them. I also appreciated the location which was very close to a grocery store and I was able to purchase things for the kids and save some money as we don't usually eat out at restaurants. The one thing is hotel is lacking is a pool but it was a good price and very easy to find.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HappyCamper8419
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Big changes have taken place in this hotel with the new owners and the renovations that have been completed. We have stayed several times and have found the rooms and beds most comfortable. The staff is friendly and courteous and most helpful. From our rooms we had a good view of the city, especially nice in winter with the snow reflecting the lights. Breakfast in the spacious dining room was excellent and was included with the room rental. Choices for breakfast were many from fresh fruit, cereal, waffles,sausages, eggs, to toast, coffe, juice, milk, etc. We recommend this hotel especially for its comfortable feel and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Pick the top floors for a great view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple