“overall, it was a pleasant stay”

Super 8 Athabasca AB
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Athabasca
Halifax, Canada
“overall, it was a pleasant stay”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed for 4 nights... hotel was clean, guest services were pretty goodcomplmentry breakfast, location also worked well.. the only complaint was a coupl;e of pieces of excercise equipment was broken throughout my stay...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Michael C, General Manager at Super 8 Athabasca AB, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and also so sorry for the inconvenience you had for one of the dumbbells. We found it broken in a part and sent it to be fixed. Thank you for your detail comment and we will try our best more on details to offer you the better stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I made my reservation online on Friday Aug 23/13 for Aug 30/13. After finding out that I would have to work on Aug 31/13 I called Super 8 on Monday Aug 26/13 in Athabasca to cancel my reservation 3 times but no one would answer the Phone. When I finally got through the male attendant would only say that I cannot cancel my reservation. When I asked why he said it is our policy, said I am cancelling 5 days in advance, he said it does not matter that I will be billed.
I emailed Super 8 on Monday Aug 26/13 in early am and have not heard back. This is not right and let me tell you that there IS NOTHING SUPER ABOUT THIS HOTEL CHAIN.

Gary LaFleur

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gary L
Michael C, General Manager at Super 8 Athabasca AB, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
We are truly sorry for the inconvenience you had. We did receive the email inquiry forwarded, “I booked this hotel on Aug 23/13 and now they say I cannot cancel/or get a credit ? I have to work this weekend and I cannot go to Athabasca now.No where did I see that I could not cancel it !! This is not right as I feel I was tricked into booking online because if I booked over the phone they would have told me I cannot cancel it. I am manager at Qualimet, If this is the final answer I will never stay in any hotel that is connected to Wyndham !”
However, on the website, it says clearly on the top, “Rate Description: Advance Purchase Purchase 7 Days in Advance, Save 15 Percent. This Rate Requires Full Pre-Payment. This Rate Requires Full Non-Refundable Pre-Payment and cannot be changed or cancelled. Cancellation Policy: There will be no credit or refund for early departures, cancellations, no shows, or changes in your reservation for any reason. Guests will not receive any refund or credit.”
We are so sorry for the situation. Next time, when you’re not sure about your schedule, please choose the cancellable reservation or ask the advice from us. Thank you for using Super 8 Athabasca. We expect to see you next time.
Edmonton
Reviewed 6 August 2013

great hot breakfast and fresh baked croissants are bakery quality

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Athabasca. We are so pleased your stay was enjoyable. We appreciate the feedback and will pass your comment on to the department. We hope to be able to welcome you again. Once again, thank you for choosing Super 8 Athabasca.
Calgary
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The guest services was excellent, rooms were clean with brand new beds, new fitness room with great equipment and excellent breakfast with a lot of variety.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I appreciate you taking the time to send us your comment and am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope to see you again very soon.

Been to Super 8 Athabasca AB? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Athabasca AB

Property: Super 8 Athabasca AB
Address: 4820B Woodheights Rd, Athabasca, Alberta T9S 1V4, Canada
Region: Canada > Alberta > Athabasca County > Athabasca
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Athabasca
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Athabasca AB 2*
Newly Renovated 73 rooms with kitchenettes and suites. Brand new Water Park and Water slide, Hot tub. 100Mbps Axia Fibre High speed internet. All rooms have 40" HD TV and room laptop. On HWY 55, connecting to HWY 2, HWY 813. Close to Athabasca University, Alberta-Pacific Forest Industries, Wabasca. Enjoy your super stay in Super 8 Athabasca! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Super 8 Athabasca AB reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Athabasca