Super 8 Athabasca AB
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Southview Motel(Westlock)
View Hotel
All reviewsplace to staybusiness triproom was cleancontinental breakfastboston pizzaexcellent stayhot tubvery pleasant staybaconnew additionhotel is locatedwater slidesbaked goodscoffee and juicelocated rightgreat breakfastrecommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 October 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Michael C, General Manager at Super 8 Athabasca AB, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Reviewed 6 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 September 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed for 4 nights... hotel was clean, guest services were pretty goodcomplmentry breakfast, location also worked well.. the only complaint was a coupl;e of pieces of excercise equipment was broken throughout my stay...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and also so sorry for the inconvenience you had for one of the dumbbells. We found it broken in a part and sent it to be fixed. Thank you for your detail comment and we will try our best more on details to offer you the better stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I made my reservation online on Friday Aug 23/13 for Aug 30/13. After finding out that I would have to work on Aug 31/13 I called Super 8 on Monday Aug 26/13 in Athabasca to cancel my reservation 3 times but no one would answer the Phone. When I finally got through the male attendant would only say that I cannot cancel my reservation. When I asked why he said it is our policy, said I am cancelling 5 days in advance, he said it does not matter that I will be billed.
I emailed Super 8 on Monday Aug 26/13 in early am and have not heard back. This is not right and let me tell you that there IS NOTHING SUPER ABOUT THIS HOTEL CHAIN.

Gary LaFleur

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gary L
Michael C, General Manager at Super 8 Athabasca AB, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience you had. We did receive the email inquiry forwarded, “I booked this hotel on Aug 23/13 and now they say I cannot cancel/or get a credit ? I have to work this weekend and I cannot go to Athabasca now.No where did I see that I could not cancel it !! This is not right as I feel I was tricked into booking online because if I booked over the phone they would have told me I cannot cancel it. I am manager at Qualimet, If this is the final answer I will never stay in any hotel that is connected to Wyndham !”
However, on the website, it says clearly on the top, “Rate Description: Advance Purchase Purchase 7 Days in Advance, Save 15 Percent. This Rate Requires Full Pre-Payment. This Rate Requires Full Non-Refundable Pre-Payment and cannot be changed or cancelled. Cancellation Policy: There will be no credit or refund for early departures, cancellations, no shows, or changes in your reservation for any reason. Guests will not receive any refund or credit.”
We are so sorry for the situation. Next time, when you’re not sure about your schedule, please choose the cancellable reservation or ask the advice from us. Thank you for using Super 8 Athabasca. We expect to see you next time.