“Worst Stay at any Hotel in Recent Memory!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Airdrie
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We checked into the Comfort Inn for a two night stay and were booked into room 211. The first night the air conditioner housing made a little bit of noise, but was tolerable. The second night the air conditioner housing made such a racket we barely slept. Shutting it off wasnt an option as the room would get hot and uncomfortable within 20 minutes. Normally I wouldn't post a poor rating for a hotel over one issue, however there wasnt just one issue.

We went downstairs to have the continental breakfast which was included in the price. It's convenient and makes it easier than trying to lug a young family to a restaurant. While the selection wasnt bad, the pastries were dried out, especially the croissants which had to be at least a week old.

To top it off, the juice machine was broken so you couldnt wash your stale pastry down with fresh juice. No one bothered to think to go to the grocery store located RIGHT BEHIND the hotel to buy juice. Apparently that would be too much effort.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Airdrie this summer and had a much better experience. We wont be back to the Comfort Inn. If you're going to cheap out on minor conveniences people wont endorse your business, plain and simple.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Bubba G
Kayla_MAirdrie, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Hi there,

I would like to apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. We were dealing with the Juice machine as it kept breaking down over a short period of time. Unfortunately it was happening during your stay with us. The service technicians did come in on several different occasions to fix it however shortly after they left it stopped working. This has not been an issue in the past, I understand you are upset with our hotel and did not leave happy. Our guests need to have juice available in the morning, coffee and water is not acceptable - especially when kids are traveling with you.

If you wish to discuss this matter further please contact me directly at the hotel. I can be reached at 403-948-3411. Thank you for your feedback and comments.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

This hotel is in a great location for eating, shopping and for getting in and around Calgary. It is only a 5 min drive to Cross Iron Mills for great shopping. Also very close to Stoney Trail if you need to get to the west end places such as Calaway Park. Walking distance to Starbucks, Mr. mikes, and numerous fast food places. Also next door to co-op grocery store if you want and fruit, water, etc in your room. Great hot breakfast too. The hotel was spotless! Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank chichi62
Kayla_MAirdrie, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Thank you for the positive feedback. The Staff & Management team at Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie really appreciate it. The convenience of our hotel location is truly beneficial to our hotel guests, thank you for commenting on that.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 26 September 2012

We stayed at the Comfort Inn the night before we flew to Arizona for our summer holiday. The location of the hotel was perfect for this -- very close to the airport in Calgary. We were impressed with the cleanliness of our room as well as the efficiency of the staff. The breakfast was one of the best hotel breakfasts we've had! Thanks for getting our holiday off to a great start!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy H
Kayla_MAirdrie, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay! A great start to your vacation is so important. I will be sharing your comments with my Front Desk Staff and Room Attendants. I hope you had a great time in Arizona, hopefully we will see you at our hotel in the near future.

Take care,

Reviewed 5 September 2012

This was a pleasant surprise for a comfort inn! The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was a child's dream come true! (or a 29 year old's...) I've been staying across Alberta for 4 months and can't look at another bowl of raisin bran, so it was nice to have some sugary, "weekend only" cereals along with some other delicious options I haven't seen at any hotel inthe last 4 months.

The rooms are small, but clean and comfortable. The workout room could use a couple new machines, however I'm lucky to have a workout room at all, as that's not always an option at some of the hotels I've been to!

Good location with starbucks across the street and Cross Iron Mills only a quick drive away. Thanks for a comfortable stay!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Kayla_MAirdrie, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Thanks so much for your wonderful comments! It's great to hear the positive feedback that pertains to our staff and the breakfast bar selection. I will pass on the recommendation about the fitness room. We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Hope to see you again in the near future, safe travels on the remainder of your trip.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Stayed at this hotel on Aug 29/12. Very clean, comfortable bed and walking distance to eating places. Good value, hot breakfast included. Fast check in, very friendly. Front desk service was awesome. Had problem setting the TV - satellite, she was there immediately to fix it. Would definitely stay here again when passing through Airdrie (which is very close to Calgary).

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Kayla_MAirdrie, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2012

Thank you very much for the feedback. One of our main priorities is making the guests stay a happy, memorable experience. Customer Service is number one in the hospitality industry and it's really great to see that our hotel guests are so appreciative. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, hope to see you in the near future! I will be sure to pass on the Front Desk comments to my Guest Service Representatives.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

My Stay at the Comfort Inn in Airdrie was terribly disappointing. I called a week ahead to reserve a room with two queen sized beds for my mother and I. My mother has a terrible knee and back and I was recovering from surgery… so we both did not feel like cuddling. I actually called the hotel to get this done, received a confirmation code, an estimate and everything fell into place nicely.
When we arrived there after 10 hours of driving we found the foyer full of children running about, playing, couches full of adults. It was a zoo. I understand that it was a team, or many teams, but it was so noisy that we couldn’t hear the woman at the front counter from a foot away. It was very unprofessional. The number of people were not a problem… it was the sheer volume and no one from the desk had done anything.
But the lady managed to tell us that hmmm we weren’t getting the room that was promised to us. Wonderful…that’s not what we wanted to hear at all after making plans and travelling for so long. So we asked what our options were. There were none. She told us that it was a suite with a King sized bed, full kitchen and pull out couch. What we got was a dingy, boiling hot room, with a filthy dusty pull out couch and a queen sized bed.
We took the room as all other places were booked up; apparently the week was very busy. My mother took the bed and I begrudgingly took the pull out couch...nothing like paying to sleep on a layer of cotton with a metal bar destroying my spine.
Woke up to an empty continental breakfast, thankfully they had Gluten Free Chex and tea! We asked if there was more fruit or yogurt, were told no, but as soon as a group came in with 5 jumping mini athletes more fruit and yogurt came out… in fact everything was replenished before our eyes.
After my terrible stay at this Comfort Inn I think I would have preferred to sleep in a bus station or in my car on the side of the road and buy my own milk and gluten free goodies. I bet both the station and my car were cleaner than my room, at least my car seats are comfortable and it wouldn’t have cost me anything.

Don’t go here, it’s not worth your dime.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere, it will look nicer, be cleaner and have a better booking system
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Llama J
Kayla_MAirdrie, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Thank you for the feedback you have provided our hotel. I have spoken to my staff previously in regards to this issue. I am very sorry that you had an unpleasant stay at our property. We are always trying to go above and beyond for our hotel guests. I fully understand your frustration in regards to the check in process, incorrect room type and the limited items in the Breakfast Room.

If you would like to discuss this further I can be reached at 403-948-3411. I look forward to hearing from you.

Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Clean, quiet, reasonably priced, and in a good location. Good breakfast in comfortable room included with the cost of room. Very comfortable beds, and a room thermostat that worked very well to quickly bring the room temp to whatever we set it at. Internet access was fast and reliable. I can see why it was rated #1 for Airdrie. If you want to go shopping to Cross Iron Mills like we did, this is an excellent choice. We will definitely stay there again next time we go to Cross Iron Mills shopping. - Wayne & family from St. Albert.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Kayla_MAirdrie, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. I will be sure to share your comments with all of my staff. Its great to hear you were very comfortable while staying at our hotel. We have a new bedding program that will be in our guest rooms by the end of this year. We hope to see you and your family back soon! Take care.

Best Regards,