A southern Alberta blizzard blew in and made local highways a nightmare and impassable. It took us almost an hour to drive to Airdrie from the N side of Calgary, which usually takes about 6 minutes, so even though we only live 40 minutes NW of Airdrie, we decided to look for a hotel at 11:30 PM rather than risk the drive home.
We where not alone in our decision!! I called ahead a few minutes to book a room and glad we did. When we arrived, the lobby was packed with other weary drivers looking for a room. There where 2 front desk staffers on and both had a smile and great sense of humour in a very stressful situation for them and all the travellers. They had heard all other hotels in Airdrie where full, so they offered to open up their banquet room for travellers to take a break when they couldn't find a room elsewhere.
Our room was comfortable with 2 queen beds, microwave and fridge and a bit on the larger side. One oddity is that the bathroom door opened out into the room, which meant you couldn't leave the door open if you where entering/exiting the room. Once the highway did re open, you could hear the traffic noise, but you will hear that in virtually all areas of Airdrie so something to consider.
They offered breakfast in the morning, which was busy, but offered hot and cold choices. I believe they had a pool, but since we just needed a bed and break from driving, didn't take a look. They did offer airport service, but I didn't read up on the details.Numerous restaurants and shopping within a 2 minute walk and X Iron shopping mall 5 minute drive.
Overall, exceptional customer service and a great place to rest your head - at a descent price. Would highly recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 103 well appointed guest rooms and suites. All rooms have microwaves, refrigerator, complimentary in-room coffee & tea, hair dryers, ironing boards, dry cleaning services. Work desk with High Speed Wireless & Wired Internet. Flat Screen TVs with USB outlets, free movie channels. 24 Hour Business Center. Complimentary Incoming Faxes. Complimentary Newspaper. Free Local Calls. Airport Shuttle Service Available. 6AM start on our Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast (eggs, sausage or bacon, fresh waffles, cereals, fruits, and pastries. Across the road from numerous restaurants. Meeting room space available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie Hotel Airdrie
- Comfort Inn And Suites Airdrie
- Comfort Inn & Suites Airdrie Alberta, Canada