“Haru the Hero!!!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Calgary, Canada
“Haru the Hero!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

OK.....I have been here many times now over the course of the last 8 months. Quality of food has been great up to this point. I don't really have any complaints except for the $30 lunch I go in to get for pick-up. But I still go. Smoked Salmon is awesome. Great selection of rolls and very friendly staff! Could use an updated look but....meh!!! Check it out!!

• Visited May 2013

Calgary
“Very Good Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

After reading the positive reviews on TA, we thought we'd give this place a try. My wife is a sushi lover, and she was impressed with the flavour, freshness, and quantity of the sushi here. She noted that most places give you lots of rice and a bit of fish; Sushi Haru gives you lots of fish and a bit of rice. The service was pleasant and efficient, and the owner stopped by a couple of times to fill our tea and ensure our meal was to our liking. He needn't have worried. We also tried some shrimp tempura - not greasy, very light and crunchy. The beef bulgogi was flavourful with lots of fresh veggies. The highlight of the night for me was the Monkey Brain:
deep-fried avocado filled with crabmeat and spicy tuna. Unbelievably delicious! Prices are reasonable, and it wasn't busy so the food was delivered quickly. We will definitely be back. Well worth the trip from Calgary.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank donnyawesome
Calgary
“Airdries' best kept Sushi Secret”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

This place is in a strip mall beside a petstore. You would never know you are in for high end quality Sushi and more. Chefs are for real and they have the sushi bar where you can sit and watch. We always take a table and always go with friends. They price is great, Quality is great (fresh) and staff are great japanese girls that actually watch your table and bring more tea without being asked. This is a great experience and is becoming more and more busy. They deserve it.

Visited November 2012
Airdrie, Canada
“Great sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

After wanting to try Sushi Haru for quite some time and finally made the time to go. I wish I'd gone sooner! The sushi options were unique and the portions were generous. The tempura was light and not greasy. The only negative was an overly fishy-tasting spider roll (usually my favourite roll no matter where I go) and I wish the restaurant had taken it off our bill when we told the server about the problem.

That being said I will go back, if only for the Canadian Most Wanted and Baked Lobster rolls. Try them - they are incredible!

• Visited October 2012
Airdrie, Canada
“Good portions and great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2012

I like Sushi Haru, always friendly. If it is too busy they take a long time to serve you but the food is fresh and the sushi size is awesome. A little expensive but worth it.

Visited September 2012